• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

new to the boards

Hello! Just wanted to say hey. This is my first time here but realizing if I want to land the agent I'm hoping for I really need some help getting my manuscript at the level it needs to be. Um...if you want to know anything about me just let me know :)

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Amanda! :) Feel free to pop into any threads that catch your eye. Don't worry, we don't bite.

Thanks guys so how do I go about getting critiques on my chapters I'm not one to have a lot of people read my stuff but also want it to be good. My story is like so different I want it to be accepted and the fact is I'm my own worst critic...so I think my stuff stinks but everyone tells me different. Lol anyway give me suggestions cos I don't know my way around this yet

Cinder

Scribe
Greetings!

When you have five posts, you can upload some of your work to the Showcase section of the forum where people can give you constructive criticism and the like. Don't worry, nobody will tell your stuff stinks. If it does, you'll be told how to improve it. Everybody starts somewhere!

And don't listen to yourself when you tell yourself that you're a bad writer! I do this all the time, so it's a little hypocritical to say... but write even when you think you're writing cow poo. You're probably not. :)

Yep, like Cinder says, make 5 posts and post your work in the showcase. We are all very understanding, all being writers, and the only criticism you will get will be constructive.

Ok is there a place somewhere to do like a self promotion of a published work? I just dont want to get in trouble.

Oh good a name I might actually be able to remember :D

Welcome to the space, this place if just full of all kinds of talent.
Need anything do ask.

~BL~