• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Next Gen: Xbox720 vs PS4

Hello all, hope everyone is having a swell day. So i am an avid gamer, have been since N64. My tastes have changed...a lot actually. I am more into deeper, rich, and rewarding experiences, well except for Call of Duty, but that's besides the point. This generation of consoles i chose the Xbox 360, when it first came out when I was 10. Oblivion being my favorite at the time, such a little nerd i was. But my xbox messed up twice, i replaced it the first time, let my brother get fixed the next time. Thats when, in 2008, i bought my PS3. I was so excited, see i was getting it for christmas, and i had a while to wait. So i bought like 9 games for it, before i even touched it. I enjoyed it until my friend talked about a MW3 clan, so i bought an xbox and got online. I recently sold my xbox and now game exclusively on PS3. It's obvious that Sony lost this generation's city console wars. Microsoft got their's out a whole year before Sony, and with a cheaper price. Now i enjoy Xbox, but i much prefer PS3. See sony lost, but i don't get why. 1, you pay for Xbox live, the only extra you get is cross game chat, and COD content a little early. 2, the experience. Sure a lot of people may have mics on xbox, but is that good when a majority of them are squeakers, 8-12 year olds with high voices. With ps3, majority of people I've come across are mature. 3, blu-ray for ps3. Nuff said. 4, EXCLUSIVES! Sony has so many good exclusives, compared to what, Halo, Gears, and Fable is dead now, and Forza. Compared to Uncharted, God of War, Gran Turismo, Sly Cooper, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet, Ni No Kuni, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Twisted Metal, Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain, etc. If you want to say, "But we have Xbox Arcade!" A couple good games a year, i say Journey, Unfinished Swan, Flower, Flow, and PSone and PS2 classics. Tell me which console you prefer and why. But on to my topic, wow, with Sony approaching the date of probably announcing the PS4, a flood of rumors are coming, like no used games for next gen, and always online. So i ask you, what do Sony and Microsoft have to have on their new consoles to sell you? And let's say Xbox720 doesn't play used games, and requires you to always be online, will you jump ship for a new overlord. Same for PS4. Look forward to your opinions!