• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Nice mention of one of my stories

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I sold my story "That Ol' Dagon Dark" to Pseudopod (which does audio versions of stories) a while back, and every so often I'll find a mention of it online or get an email about it. Today, I found it mentioned among a listing of seven horror tales suggested on a site. The stories mentioned before mine were by Ramsey Cambell, William Hope Hodgson, and Robert Bloch, respectively. Needless to say, I was pleased to find myself in such company
smile.gif

A Horror Tasting Platter | Science Is Magic

Pseudopod also chose it as part of their "Best Of" for 2012.

Last edited:

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I heard the story and loved it. That the narrator has an accent fits the story well. May you know continued success.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I heard the story and loved it. That the narrator has an accent fits the story well. May you know continued success.

Funny thing, the story is set partly on the Isle of Man, which isn't exactly densely populated. Pseudopod got a narrator who was actually raised on the Isle of Man to read it. He emailed me and told me he thought I captured the island well, which I thought was nice since I've never been there.

On a side note, this is the first time I've ever heard that you write horror. I'm surprised--it didn't exactly take long to learn, say, Ireth's or Jabrosky's style, and even Buyjupiter mentioned her style eventually. I guess you don't self-promote much in Writer's Block or World Building.

(Come to think of it, I still don't know what Devor writes . . .)