1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

NPR's Best Books of 2017

Discussion in 'Novels & Stories' started by Steerpike, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

Not a whole lot in the way of SF/F here. I did like the Book of Dust quite a bit. Jane, Unlimited should be on the list.

https://apps.npr.org/best-books-2017/#/_

What have you all read from the list? What do you think is missing that should be here?

Russ likes this.
  2. Russ

Russ Istar

I have read a hand full of them, I didn't count but I would say around five. I have a few more in my to be read pile.

What is missing? Well, my wife's novel for starters :), but it got on a number of best of 2017 lists so that is not a big deal.

I would also add Talking Back, Talking Black, to the list, as well as Marsh King's Daughter.

What are your thoughts about that massive list SP?

3. Mythopoet

Mythopoet Auror

Oh, oh, I actually read one! Strange the Dreamer. I had no idea it was published this year. I never try to keep up with new releases.

4. pmmg

pmmg Auror

I've not read or heard of any of these, but then, I am not really a reader.

5. skip.knox

skip.knox toujours gai, archie Moderator

Good grief. Are we sure this isn't simply a list of *all* books published in 2017? I was expecting like a dozen.

I've not read any. I try to keep up with fantasy books. When I look for something else, I go to my master book list. I was, though, surprised at how many of the book covers looked so amateurish.