• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
It looks like Atlus is putting out a remake of Odin Sphere: Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir announced for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita - Gematsu

I played about half the game on PS2 and I really enjoyed it, but got distracted and never completed it.

All of the graphics are hand drawn and the game is really pretty. Chances are good it'll look absolutely gorgeous in high definition.

I guess you could say the game is sidescrolling RPG Beat 'em Up and most of it is played out running back and forth killing enemies and collecting power-ups. It also has a rather intricate crafting system, but that doesn't really show up until partway through.

There are five different characters who's version of the story you will play out. You play them one at a time, but as their respective stories sometimes connect you will end up meeting characters you have played as, or will play as.

Trailer here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Vanillaware is the best there is when it comes to 2-D art these days. I had Muramasa: the Demon Blade for the Wii, and I recommend Dragon's Crown to anyone with a PS3… though the amazon and sorceress costumes are a little over the top. (Literally, in the sorceress' case, as in "not enough over the top.")

I hope there will be more multiplayer beat-em-ups from this developer.

Atlus never disappoints. I'm actually surprised Odin Sphere received an HD remake, and that's a good thing. I wish Muramasa was available for Sony consoles, but alas...Dragon's Crown is a really good game and much longer than I originally believed. So many remakes these days though. Not complaining mind you; I'd rather see classic games remade as they will be loved as where remakes of movies receive quite the opposite reception.

Last edited:
Vita? Crap! I don't exactly have the money for one of those at the moment. Well, I do, but have important things and saving to do. Thanks, though. Must have forgotten about that.