• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

of hurt and pain

Justme

Banned
They say there are two types of hurt in this world. Those that leave marks that are easily seen and heal quickly and those that leave marks that that can't be seen and are far harder to remove from your lives. It's the latter are the ones that I'd like to talk about and would love your take on things.

I've always been one that enjoyed talking with others, on a one on one basis, because you can get more from looking into a persons eyes than you ever could from their mouths. This internet is fine for reaching out over the planet, but is it any good at looking into the world within the individual themselves?

I remember when I first became aware of the world outside that cozy little world of my childhood. I remember going to church with people of different colors and thinking nothing of it. They were just other people to me. I remember being a kid and this elderly Hispanic man always gave me money, when I came around and me being a kid I quickly got used to it and was disappointed when he didn't have a coin for me. I learned later just how wrong that was and got to know that family all the better, because of it. I even named my dog after one of his daughters, which was 10 years older than I and I was astounded that she turned out to be mortally afraid of dogs.

The one thing that ties this into my narrative is the reaction the rest of the neighborhood had at seeing other than white people enter into our kingdom hall. I can count how many tires that were slashed and how many times eggs were thrown against the side of building.

The one thing that sounds out in my mind was the look of a elderly black women eyes as I helped her clean the N-word off the windshield of her car, after a meeting. I thought, way back then, if these people would have been able to call her that to her face, If they were looking at her and saw that hurt in her eyes.

I left that church when I ran away, but I've always kept the sense of human value that I learned there. Please don't anyone take issue with that, sense it was something I took from it and I know there are those who've taken only the sense of moral superiority from the faith they've chosen and I grieve for all those who've been hurt by that attitude. Believe me, I've seen more than my share of hurt looks, because of what these Charlestons have spewed upon the world.

The most dear to me is the one called Karen Smith. I've talked about her more than once and a dearer, kinder, more compassionate person you never find. She lives in my heart and soul to this day and it has, is and allows will be an honor knowing her as a friend. She had one particular trait in her life that so many have taken offense to, which was her love for her own gender.

I too had a small issue with it, at first but that passed quickly. She didn't even love the gender that I was, but she had more than enough compassion to befriend me when I needed it. She was much a greater person than I was and allowed me to ponder just what type of a human being I wanted to be. I've also wondered just what those who condemn gays would say if they could know her as I do.

As I've said, on many occasions, I've been around these sites for a long time. I've seen all kinds of meltdowns and logged in many time to see that people I've thought I knew spouting outrageous stuff at one another and got themselves banned for their efforts. I've always wondered what that person's next post would have been, If they were allowed just one more post. Would they have came to their senses and seeing just how crazy they were acting and apologized or would they have continued on?

I know that many of these dust offs are more about the person than the topic and I have always wondered if the person really meant to say hurtful things and even if they did, would they continue if they saw the hurt in the eyes of those they were arguing with?