• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Ohai!

Dekzper

Acolyte
Peeps keep telling me I should join a fantasy writers forum so here I am. Cool layout, btw! :D I love fantasy and I've prolly written about or more than 1,000 printed out pages. I'm always learning new things about writing and I hope to finish the book I'm working on soon... I already have outlines started for 2 more.
This is the first writer's forum I've ever joined and I def hope to learn a lot and share a lot. Btw, my fav series of fantasy books is the Harry Potter series. I love dragons, hippogriffs, and other mythical creatures.

Xanados

Maester
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, Dekzper! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Oh, by the way, I don't particularly like when people use "prolly" as a substitute for the word "probably", but use it if you want to - I can't stop you. ;)

Edit: What age are you? Just curious.

Last edited:

Dekzper

Acolyte
Thanks for the welcomes! :)
@ Xanados. Yeah, I probably shouldn't be using "prolly" and "def" at a writers forum. It's not easy to kick the habit but I should before I forget how to spell them. How old? I missed that in my profile. Thanks for reminding me. :) I'm 17.

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...welcome to this world of fantasy writing now..." smiled the goblin with the warmest of warmly welcomes too, while outside the snow had just continued falling abated since morning time, somewhat indifferent, mostly impartial, definite aloof too, so the goblin went about ignoring it back, and then just continued by saying "...well, as long as you know why you write as you do, then I'll go along with it as that's in my interest to, why, because the more I go around correcting others here, the more I just end up seeing myself in what I then read from them, mere clones of some given norm results...", so, it was as if this well meant correcting in practice became cloning by it, where the individuality that had first arrived on the forum, had ended up funneled into same acceptable norm of "you must write like this then, because everyone else does, and if you don't it will annoy others and we'll have to remove you", where surely the true idea of this forum here is to evolve the poster in all aspects of there writing now, even if that means accepting those words and that writing style that you don't wish to see or use, whereupon the goblin just turned to Dekzper, saying "...you did the right thing in joining this forum, and I hope to be reading your posts soon, I have no advice to give you but where I'm very good at listening instead...")

Dekzper

Acolyte
Thanks, fleamailman! :) Actually your post has a lot of advice about writing. I probably learn as much from reading - and seeing how people express themselves and communicate - as I do from foruming. I think maybe 50/50.
Btw, I've already learned some things I hadn't considered from the threads I've joined in on here! :) This is definitely the right forum and I hope I can contribute more as I learn.