• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

"Ol' Dagon Dark" up at Pseudopod

Sparkie

Auror
(This paranthetic statement represents the sound of me standing up and clapping.)

Terrific. I loved it.

Nice setting too. Waking Ned Divine, one of my favorite movies, was shot mostly at the Isle of Man. I also have some recordings (somewhere) of some a cappella traditional songs native to the area. Marneas an Tiger is a good tune, if you're so inclined.

There's so much I could praise about the story. I'll refrain somewhat because I don't want to ruin the experience for other members, but I have to say this reminds me of the best of Neil Gaiman's short stuff, not to mention some other great writers.

Congratulations! I hope I see or hear more of your work soon.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Thank you, Sparkie. Those are incredibly kind words and I appreciate them!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Thanks Reaver and T.Allen.Smith. If you guys listen to the story, I hope you find it to your liking :)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Thanks Benjamin. Except for a rewritten ending, it's the same as when you read it :)

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
Finally got around to listening to this. Almost a year later....

A very good story. Kept me continually wanting to hear what came next. Had a certain Rod Serling quality to it. I also think the narrator's voice added a nice effect.

Last edited:

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Yeah, I enjoyed it as well. I agree with T. Allen that it has an old school feel to it. It sounds really good read aloud as well.