• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Older gentleman, new writer

PelenTan

Acolyte
Or at least, new to the writing novels. I've written a number of things over my many years. It's only now that I've started serious writing. Hopefully becoming a professional. I've completed and self-published my first book, Firing of the Crucible. It's the first in what is going to be a long Sci-Fi series. But it is very different in many ways than most Sci-fi. The story, for Earth, actually starts thousands of years in the past, though the writing starts in the future. A number of the creatures that inhabit our myths are brought up in my books to be looked at in new light to make them very real.

One thing I've found is that I am a good writer. I can easily turn out over two thousand words a day. Mind you, I'm not saying that I what I _write_ is good. ;-) Just that I'm good at writing my thoughts down. Which was a surprise to me. I've had this story bouncing around in my head for years. Just never thought I would be able to get it out. Let that be a lesson to anyone who is holding off for that reason. You really can't know until you start putting it down.

Anyway, new here. Going to be looking around. Feel free to say hi.

--Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ

Istar
Always nice to see new "older" members joining. Have fun and I look forward to seeing how your journey to writing as a profession goes. Here's hoping you have much success.

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome.
I found my words flowed much better into a keyboard then when I tried to write with a pen.
Typing I can flow my thoughts very quickly, but the pen just slowed me down.

Come on in and join a conversation.

Last edited: