• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Opinion on a Character Theme

I'm not exactly sure where to post this. Normally, this would go on the music forum I'm a member of, but I also need some fantasy advice.

One of my characters in "Gods of War" will make an even larger debut appearance (more than trying to destroy Kaiyumi after awakening) and will play a huge role in the second book along with his son Arylos.

One thing I do is that I compose music pieces for my characters or find songs that match.

Arylos will have two themes; the song "Shinkou" from Kuroshitsuji (still debatable) and one of my pieces called "Hell in my Head". He will also have a battle/divine theme for him set as TMRevolution's "Utage". He also listens to a lot of "golden Rock" like Black Sabbath, Journey, Europe and such. He also has a "punk/joke" theme as "Shut Me Up" by MSI.

Aryas still rises a lot of questions for me. I'm thinking on composing a piece with a mix of three songs; the rhythm will be a mixture of Shinkou (at high-climax moments) and "Dark Lord Ganondorf" from The Legend of Zelda-Twilight Princess (mainly in the opening) with a melodic mix of "Monochrome Kiss" by SID and, again, Shinkou.

His primary character song, otherwise, might be TMRevolution's "Save the One, Save the All".

I will describe the two characters below and you guys, if possible, come up with songs that could match them or songs that have a few bases in how it's composed that could match.

Try to keep it Rock genre please.

Arylos-a powerful god who polices the power on other gods. He is the Shadow Alchemist and the god of war, magic, and alchemy. A very dark man who is over 127,000 years old (estimated), yet is 20 in his current human body. He has a really dark past that turned him into a demonic god, yet does have moments where he is a joker. A highly trained soldier and warrior with some trust issues. A very punk-rock kind of guy who would think that the movie "Psycho" should include a laugh-track. He is half sadist, but he empathizes a lot, mainly with Iris, his love interest, and his Black Dog soldiers. He would love a song with a lot of bass and heavy on bass drum. Mainly music that he can head-bang to. (does have a moment where he dances Gangnam Style)

Aryas-the Avatar; the divine Dimensional Lord, ruler of the gods. He's been trapped in a Divine Stage (type of powerful trance) for 10,000 years before being awakened. Very powerful mechanical dragon similar to a Transformer who also takes a human form similar to an adult version of Link from Legend of Zelda. His age is unknown, but his human body is 35. He loves seeing pain come to those who deserves it, but will quickly save those who don't. He also will pick fights a lot. Rarely empathizes, much less let his emotions known so hee is very isolated and wants to be alone. One little tidbit; he did not want to become the Avatar and was pretty much forced to take the throne. He does joke around a lot, kind of like Arylos. Someone like him would want a heavy Rock song with an interesting rhythm that's unheard of and is very fast.

I hope these descriptions are enough. if so, please tell me of any songs that would fit and I'll take a look.

Thanks a lot.