1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Out of Character Zone

Discussion in 'Second Hand: Chat RPG' started by Philip Overby, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

Hey!

Yes, you, players of Second Hand. This is a place to talk out of character. You can talk about whatever want. Talk about your experiences in the game, scheduling, party forming, or just ramble about whatever you feel like.

One thing we need to find out specifically is coming to a consensus when everyone is available to play. We need to pick one day. If you can't play on that day, sorry. However, we may, depending on demand, do multiple quests on one day depending on when people are available.

Also, this is a game in the spirit of video games. Meaning if you can't play on a scheduled day, no worries. You can play the next time. However, if you don't play, you may fall behind other players. In this case, we may arrange special "Side Quests" which will allow you to catch up. These are by appointment only. Meaning you have to contact either Reaver or I and see if we're available to run the game.

Please refer to http://mythicscribes.com/forums/second-hand-chat-rpg/4927-philliam-inn-skies.html in order to form your parties. Talk to other players (in-game) or you can talk to them here (out of game) to arrange something. We'd prefer you role-play your party formations and if you need to confirm something, do so here, out of character. Smaller parties are preferred (4-6 players). Since we've had more than this number create characters, the quicker you form your party, the better it will be.

We will be posting quests in this same Philliam section. You can then vote as a party which quest you want to pursue. You will also be able to recruit NPCs in the Philliam section as well.

These will be posted by at least August 23rd so you check them out then. For news regarding updates, please look here in this thread.

Thanks!

2. Philip Overby

We need you to answer a couple of questions for us:

1. When are you available to play Second Hand?

2. Have you discussed forming a party yet?

Once we get answers to these two questions, we can start setting up our first game session. If you have any questions, post here.

3. MystiqueRain

MystiqueRain Troubadour

Best times are Saturday nights and Friday afternoons for me.

No, I have not.

4. Feo Takahari

Feo Takahari Auror

I'm going to have classes all throughout the week, so Saturdays or Sundays would work best for me.

5. Codey Amprim

Codey Amprim Staff Article Team

Same as feo here, but I also have work that has a wild schedule that is never consistent, so I my have to do a lot of catching up. If I don't have work, the days best for me would be wednesday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

6. Philip Overby

Saturday seems to be the best bet so far. Let's see what others have to say before we set a first game date.

By the way, the game has started. You can do whatever you like on the forum as it's part of the game. Find party members, buy things, try to dredge up rumors at Philliam's, anything you'd like. The forum is like the "pre-game planning" and such and the chat is the "official game."

We need to have at least one party formed before we can discuss a definitive "official game" date.

7. Penpilot

Penpilot Staff Article Team

Saturday's seem to be the most free for me right now. How long do you think game times will be?

8. Philip Overby

We haven't discussed that yet actually. I think they could be as long as people are into it (like most RPGs). I wouldn't say more than 2 or 3 hours? I'm not sure if that's too little or too much.

In other news, Codey suggested a great idea. I think this will help break the ice with all the characters and get some parties formed for the future.

Basically, our first session will be chat only. A meeting at the Inn of the Skies to get people talking to each other. If people are still cool, we can do a quest directly from there. So parties can be formed in the first chat session.

When we can set a time, then we can get things moving. I'm going to just throw this out there. Saturday at 8 PM Central Time?

9. MystiqueRain

MystiqueRain Troubadour

I like the idea of a chat-first session :) It's good for introductions and definitely lets characters interact more than the forum would at the moment.

Um, as for times...could it be a little earlier? Like 7 PM Central Time? I don't mind what you have right now, but if everyone can make it an hour earlier, that would be amazing.

10. Caged Maiden

Caged Maiden Staff Article Team

I'm available Saturday. I think that would be a perfect first session. I haven't discussed anything about forming parties. I figured I'd just turn up at Philliam's and see what's going on Saturday. See you all then!

11. Philip Overby

OK, maybe we can start at 7PM Central time and if people are late they can catch up then. Let me confirm this with Reaver and then we can make it a done deal.

12. MystiqueRain

MystiqueRain Troubadour

Cools :) Can't wait to get started

13. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Consider it a done deal my friend. See you all at Philliam's!

14. Penpilot

Oh poops... At best I'll only be able to catch the tail end of this. But kick back a few and have fun everyone.

15. Codey Amprim

Codey Amprim Staff Article Team

I'll more than likely be late due to work by a little bit, but I'll be there!

16. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

What is the best time for you?

17. Philip Overby

Well, we can run the session from say 7PM Central-11PM? Maybe that will give everyone time to get in and chat. We'll open a chat titled "Second Hand" so just pop in when you're able and maybe you can work some party things out one way or another. I sort of lean towards doing a later session in the future, because 7PM is a bit too early for those of us that work later.

18. Penpilot

Usually this time is perfect for me, but this Saturday I just happen to have something between 5pm and 9pm pacific which just happens to be 7pm and 11pm central. I have a small window between 2pm and 5pm-ish central which I'm free, but if the set time works for everybody else, don't change it on my account. I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to catch up with the group.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  19. Philip Overby

Sorry, to reiterate, we'll have a private chat open. Please IM either Reaver or I when you get online and we'll invite you into the private chat. I apologize if it sounded like we'll have a public chat open.

20. Philip Overby

So, we'll keep the chat open for a while tomorrow. If you see Reaver or I online in the chat, IM us and we'll add you on there. Then we can get a clear idea who is playing and who isn't. You can form parties (hopefully) from there.