1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Out of Character Zone

Discussion in 'Second Hand: Chat RPG' started by Philip Overby, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

So we had the first session yesterday as a "getting to know you" sort of thing. We'll be running the games from 8 PM-11 PM Central time from now on. Saturdays unless specified otherwise. Thanks everyone who participated in the first session!

Do we have one party now?

2. MystiqueRain

MystiqueRain Troubadour

Um, well Cody said he wouldn't be on next week, so we only have three on the party right now.

3. Feo Takahari

Feo Takahari Auror

Wait, I thought it was Caged Maiden who said she wouldn't be here next week. Will Cody not be here next week, either?

4. Philip Overby

Yeah, I know Caged Maiden won't. She's going on vacation. We still have some other members that haven't played yet, so we may get some new players. For those of you who have already played, you'll be doing us a massive favor if you help us with "schooling" anyone who missed anything. We'll see what happens as the week progresses and see if anyone else is going to join in.

5. MystiqueRain

MystiqueRain Troubadour

Oh well, whichever one it is, I know one of the players yesterday isn't going to be here next week. xD Let's hope some new people get on then!

6. Philip Overby

Yes, we still have some people that have shown interest that couldn't play last session. That's one thing we'd like to focus on: you don't have to play every week! Although we encourage it of course. Those players who do play every week will of course reap more benefits and become stronger characters.

For parties that may be a bit slimmer, we do recommend hiring a mercenary or sell-sword to help you (played by either Reaver or I) that can serve as help throughout each quest, for a price.

http://mythicscribes.com/forums/second-hand-chat-rpg/4993-mercenaries-sell-swords-bounty-hunters-hire-npcs.html

We're going with the Propeller quest for the next session by the way.

7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

*pops in* Hello!

Well, I'm back from vacation, and in need of a briefing on what's been going on while I was away. Can anyone give me a super quick rundown on who's where, what's happening and what on earth should I do to jump in?

8. MystiqueRain

MystiqueRain Troubadour

Okay, so we just had our first roleplaying session last Saturday. It was basically just an introduction of sorts and some random action just to pump up well...the action. We've decided to take the propeller quest this week, so it's great that you're here--we need another person in our party.

Um...as for when to jump in. I think we're all still back at the Philliam (the ship) so I think it'll be okay if you pop in there when we start this week. I'm not completely sure so ask Phil the Drill or Reaver if you want more details.

9. Philip Overby

Yeah, every quest starts starts at the inn. Just show up in chat and we'll go from there.

Glad you're on board Lorna!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  10. Philip Overby

Ok, so I'm assuming some people are playing Saturday. I've updated the Bounty Board to a sticky, so go here every week to see what quest is being pursued.

Propeller Missing! is the current quest. For consistency purposes, we hope each quest can be done in one game session so players who possibly miss the next session don't have to worry about missing out on part of a quest they are involved with.

11. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

Will everyone who plans to join the game this Saturday, Sept. 1st, please PM me to let me know?

Thanks very much!

Lady Reaver likes this.
  12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Unfortunately I may have to miss tomorrow's session as well -- I'll be busy as a beaver packing for college. I leave on Sunday. :/ Sorry guys.

13. Reaver

No worries, Ireth. So far we have Mystique & Feo lined up. Who else is on board?

14. a dreamy walker

a dreamy walker Scribe

I might be able to join in - although I've still got to do a tiny bit of work to my character, though. I'm in the GMT timezone, though, just to let everyone know. (PS - I've never played a chat, points-based roleplay like this before (I have played RPs on the PC, but on the computer, the CPU tends to sort most of the points/luck out)

15. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Just wanted to say that I had fun as a "guide" last night. Sorry I couldn't stay on until the end. Did that propeller turn up? Did Tusk's charge miss the automaton and send him careening through a wall and out of the game? I fear that my Legendary Sidekick MC damaged his reputation as an awesome buffoon, and now he's just a regular buffoon sans awesomeness. Ah, well... it was fun anyway!

16. Reaver

Glad you had fun. The quest continues, so feel free to jump back in this Saturday if you can.

17. Feo Takahari

Feo Takahari Auror

I apologize for missing yesterday's game, especially after saying I'd be there.

I don't think I'll be playing any more games in the forseeable future. Thank you for having me.

18. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

I really enjoyed playing a pixie last night, and I hope players enjoyed that bit of sword-of-ice chaos.

Anyone who wants to know about all four of her swords can see her info in the mercs thread.

19. Philip Overby

I updated everyone's characters today with the edit note: 9/8/12 Session Update.

It's a good idea to have your Stats written down a piece of paper for easy reference as well. If you have any questions or problems, let us know.

Ireth likes this.