• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Phoenix: Here to start a spark

Phoenix

Troubadour
Greetings! I am a reader/want to be author. I love diplomacy, chess, and a lot of other nerdy stuff. Favorite books are The King Killer Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss, LOTR by J.R.R Tolkien, Harry Potter (okay) by She-who-must-not-be named, and A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (anyone notice the R's?). Currently wondering how you start to role play. Thank you!

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
I noticed the R's alright, and I suspect a pen name. Or maybe he really is George Martin, but with "pen middle initials." Okay, I'll admit it... I'm just talking out of my--

*SUBJECT CHANGE*

Welcome to the forum, Phoenix!

TWErvin2

Auror
Phoenix,

Welcome. In your post, were you referencing the game Diplomacy? A fun and challenging game.

Glad you joined here.

Terry

TWErvin2

Auror
Pheonix,

Years back I played Diplomacy online, maybe not like it is today, but via email with a moderator, etc. It was fun, but it's just not the same as speaking directly with folks on the side, strategy and discussion, and being at the table when all of the moves are read and put into action. Like many things, real interaction is better than online interaction. Just the way I see it. Sorry.

Phoenix

Troubadour
It is, but its the best I got. I do go and play at a local Coffee shop every Friday, but the wait is painstaking. If anyone can answer the question about Roleplaying I would appreciate it.

Xarxium

Acolyte
Welcome Pheonix! I am also new, and roleplaying sounds fun. I have heard of Diplomacy, is it a lot of fun?

Phoenix

Troubadour
Yes it is quiet interesting. No luck involved. Its about betrayal and how well you can work your tongue (sounds kinda of weird). I'm wishing to join a roleplay, but don't know how. Do we just go and start a page? Well if I do start one do you wish to join?

Xarxium

Acolyte
Ahaha, kind creepy. I would love to join, and i'm not quite sure how to start one myself. Hey I've read your Spark thread thing, and I think you should post the prologue on showcase. I would like to see it.

myrddin173

Maester
I'm wishing to join a roleplay, but don't know how. Do we just go and start a page? Well if I do start one do you wish to join?

We despirately need players for Machiavel: Ambition, which is very fun if you like political strategy and stuff. As for starting a new one... I will talk to the others about this but for now you can start a thread in the Games Forum.