• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pleased to meet you all

Hi folks. I am working on my first novel, which of course, is fantasy. I started in January and am about 2/3rds through the first draft. I enjoy being in the woods, archery, drawing, writing,painting and a zillion other things I guess. I have an 'artsy' soul but I hardened my heart and pursued a 'more practical' career most of my life. Now in my mid forties I have mostly retired/quit my day job and plan to spend most of my time writing for the next year or so to see how it pans out. I am from Nova Scotia Canada, which is on the Atlantic side. I am looking forward to exploring this site and meeting some of you. Thanks

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome. I love that you are pursuing your dream, there's no better time than now. I hope you find the support and help you need here to see your goals realized.

Justme

Banned
It's good to see that there are more out there who are chasing dreams. So many out there fear to follow theirs. Welcome aboard, my friend.

Welcome John, there are quite a few here on their first book, myself included. I also enjoy wandering off to the woods, I suppose it could be some kind of primal instinct for shelter or something, and also they seem to be some of the oldest and least tainted places left of the natural world. Enjoy yourself here.

Phin Scardaw

Troubadour
Howdy, pardner!

You can find a lot of resources here indeed, and a lot of encouragement - whatever you need to get out of the bogs and pitfalls that present themselves in stories as you try to craft them. Way to go in pursuing your passions!