• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Poem-A-Day 2013

Ghost

Inkling
Since April is National Poetry Month, I decided to write a poem a day. I heard of others doing it, only they called it NaPoWriMo. I'm sure there are other incarnations of it.

I'm taking part, for sure. It's more my speed than NaNoWriMo. :rolleyes: I'm also going to read poetry every day. I don't read as much as I should.

Let's hope for more participants!

jax

Scribe
The thief came again today
sly and stealthy
slipping through barricades
and lifting latches
I know when he has been
I see his fingerprints
where He touches you
yet leaves you unaware
of his penetration
spiriting away evidence
of his crime
I fear the day will come
When he takes the last vestige
Of what made you, you
and I will be alone
wondering and waiting
for the thief to visit me

Chilari

Staff
I tried it a couple of years ago. Lasted half the month. Don't think what I wrote was all that good, though a haiku about despression I wrote got retweeted a few times. Had some fun with some of them, including a sonnet I attempted.

Ghost

Inkling
We'll see how long I keep up. I started on the 31st. So far, I've got two poems that are in good shape, two that might be salvageable, and yesterday's garbagey poem which will never see the light of day.

I want to write about a circus, but that idea needs more time to incubate.

How is everyone else doing?

Ghost

Inkling
Missing the 22nd and the 27th probably means I lost, but I'm happy with what I accomplished. Unless I write another one before midnight, my final tally is 44 poems. Sixteen are (or will be) good after editing, twelve are workable, and the rest are varying degrees of awful.

In a few months, I'd like to try this again. Some of the poems surprised me, and I definitely learned a lot from this.

Still wondering if anyone else took part. :confused: