• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pottermore

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have been playing the Pottermore game and adventure for some time, it's quite enjoyable and I wanted to see if there are other members of Mythic Scribes that have Pottermore accounts.

Pottermore is an official site by J.K. Rowling, where you can get sorted into a Hogwarts House and also visit the different shops to buy your pet, wand, books and other equipment. The funniest part is to explore the Harry Potter world chapter by chapter in the form of artistic animations, finding hidden rewards along the way.

You have to collect gold coins and potion ingredients, because the other games are about brewing potions (in order to earn points for your House) and Dueling.

Practicing the spells for Dueling is a little tricky, but other games like catching gnomes in the garden are a lot of fun =)

You can add me as a friend: I am QuestHazel22237, Ravenclaw, Cat.

What about you?

Amanita

Maester
I've done it as well. Joined about a year ago. I think the first two books have been much better than the later ones. In three and four, there have been no games at all and only few info texts. I'm WolfsbaneGold25625.
There's actually been a rather criticle article about it from the marketing point of view
How Pottermore cast an ebook spell over Amazon | Books | theguardian.com
Pottermore gives away JK Rowling's marketing genius | Books | theguardian.com
For those of you more interested in this kind of thing than in HP. ;)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have already sent you a Friend request in Pottermore, Amanita.

Too bad that we are not in the same House, but we can send each other Gifts and have Duels anyway. Are you good at Dueling? I find it a little frustrating because most people are capable of casting very powerful hits and I keep losing, but I have already won my first Duel against a Gryffindor.

Are you good with potions?

It's true that the Pottermore site is also a marketing system, but this thread is dedicated to the Game elements and the interactive exploration of the Harry Potter world.

NightPurple297 Ravenclaw,Owl Wand is Ebony with Phoenix Feather Core. I joined as I was finally reading the books. I just like the behind the scenes info she gives out about the process of writing as well as the extra info on the world.(plus I always wondered what house I would be in and what kind of wand,Hoping for a Patronus quiz as the books progress)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hainted, I have sent you a Friends request just now =)

My wand is English Oak, thirteen inches and Dragon core, surprisingly swishy. Would you like to Duel with me? It's good to practice dueling against our fellow Ravenclaws, because that way we do not lose Ravenclaw points... I think.

How advanced are you into the story?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Hey, I just joined Pottermore, and it'd be cool to have Mythic Scribes friends there. :D I'm SnitchRose858, Hufflepuff, with a tabby cat and an ebony and unicorn-hair wand (ten inches, slightly springy). Sheilawisz, I just sent you a friend request. :D

I'm caught up on the story, though I haven't filled in all the bars (yet).I thought I was the only one with Surprisingly Swishy as a descriptor. I'll duel, but I suck at it.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Just joined, although I've never read the books, I've seen all the movies.

My username is EyeEcho3174, Gryffindor, got a screech owl, wand is dogwood with a dragon core, twelve and a half inches, slightly springy. I have no idea what to do, but I signed up anyway! :D

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Thank you for the Friends request Ireth, it was fun to interact with you at Pottermore last night.

I am not so good at Dueling yet, Hainted- some crazy Slytherin kept beating me up, even though I have already won a few duels against Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. I can deliver hits of 130 and even 137, but other people defeat me with 140 and higher... I guess it takes a lot of practice!

@Phil: That's great, I will send you a Friends request and, if you want, we can duel.

You can start earning points by exploring the story, because you earn one point for every item that you collect. Exploring is important because you find gold coins too, and there are also little games like catching the Gnomes in the garden.

It's fun to practice the beginner's potion, the cure for boils =)

Amanita

Maester
I've never done much of the exta activities like potions making or duelling because I was mainly interested in the new information, I have to admit.
I'm completely rubbish at duelling which I've tried a few times. ;)
My wand is pear and unicorn hair, surprisingly swishy.
It's quite funny how I'm a Hufflepuff with a wandwood that "has never been found in the possession of a dark wizard" and the most loyal and innocent core. I'm not that pureley good, at least not if my stories are anything to go by. :)

kayd_mon

Sage
I just started. I'm WaveFlight28303, and I've just been sorted into Ravenclaw. I brought my surprisingly swishy English oak with dragon core wand and my owl. I'm ready to start my term at Hogwarts!

FYI I'll accept any friend requests. I'm playing the Game of Thrones game on Kongregate more, but pop into Pottermore a few times a week

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I'm working my way through the Storyline part of the site, and I'm almost done book 1. I just need help finding things in "Hagrid Arrives" and "Into the Forbidden Forest". The forest one is being especially tricky, because as far as I know I do have everything, but the progress bar still isn't full. And there's a spider in the Hagrid scene that I cannot find for the life of me. :/

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
@Amanita: I loved the special information about the wide variety of Wand Woods, it's one of my favorites. English Oak is also a nice wood for wands, I love mine... Where did you find information about Wand cores? I am very curious about that.

I can help you practice your dueling skills, if you want. Send me a challenge, and I promise to reply with low power spells so you can upgrade your abilities with time.

@Kayd Mon: Welcome to the Ravenclaws! I have already sent you a Friends request.

@Ireth: I tried Hagrid Arrives and Into the Forbidden Forest last night, and I cannot complete them for some reason. I'll try again today, and if I figure it out, I'll let you know =)

Who wants to send me Duel challenges??

Amanita

Maester
Where did you find information about Wand cores? I am very curious about that.
It was at the beginning. Probably during the chapter where the wand was bought. It's the longest Pottermore text I think with description of many kinds of wood.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Finally found that freaking spider! Now I just have to figure out what I'm missing in the Forbidden Forest.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Hey, is anyone here called WolfsbaneKey14639? Just want to make sure it's someone I know before I accept a friend request. ^^;

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello, still playing a lot of Pottermore...

@Ireth: I have found the spider and completed Hagrid Arrives, but Into the Forbidden Forest remains a mystery. Have you completed it already? Sometimes, it takes something very small and silly to complete a chapter- I prefer when it's about collecting items and earning House points.

@Mindfire: You are right, and I think that I have figured out how it is exactly that the Slytherins cheat... That way it's possible to earn hundreds of House points in one hour, and I feel very tempted to do it for my House, but... No way, Ravenclaws don't cheat!

Well, there is a Wizard in the books called Gilderoy Lockhart that cheated a lot, and he happens to be a Ravenclaw... So I guess that some of us do cheat, after all.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I've gotten four friend requests now, and I still have no idea who any of them are. :/ Sound off if any of you have or recognize the names ScarletSnitch1662, SpiritSeer6112, WolfsbaneKey14639, or SpellPatronus3385!