• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Professional Proofreading

Karlin

Troubadour
I'm getting to the point where my novel needs proofreading. I can't do this myself- my head doesn't work that way. I'm willing to pay somebody (within reason) to do this- but I'm not sure how to go about finding someone.

To complicate matters, the work is written in the style of a Ming Dynasty novel, which many English speakers might think is odd- though I don't know if that should affect proofreading.

In short- can you recommend proofreaders, or recommend where I can find a good one?

Thanks

For a pure proofread I have worked with a girl named Chereese who also proofreads for J.A. Konrath (or used to at least, don't know if she still does so). She charges a flat fee of $1.50 per each double spaced, 12 point font page. I can send you the details if you want. She was fast and friendly and seemed capable enough.

Fiverr or Freelancer might be more affordable places to look. I don't think you'll find anybody cheaper than €1.50 per page to be honest as mentioned above.

Karlin

Troubadour
For a pure proofread I have worked with a girl named Chereese who also proofreads for J.A. Konrath (or used to at least, don't know if she still does so). She charges a flat fee of $1.50 per each double spaced, 12 point font page. I can send you the details if you want. She was fast and friendly and seemed capable enough.
Thanks! Sure- send the details...

Karlin

Troubadour
Fiverr or Freelancer might be more affordable places to look. I don't think you'll find anybody cheaper than €1.50 per page to be honest as mentioned above.
I found somebody on fiverr. Giving her a trial run- I'm having her check a few chapters (for a fee). We'll see how it goes.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Whether proof or other edit, everybody I’ve worked with has been by the word, not page. I’ve gotten a solid proof of 208k words for under 1k. And many will read some of your manuscrtipt to see how clean it is BEFORE quoting a rate. Cleaner = cheaper, obviously.

Karlin

Troubadour
Not a tool- a human proofreader. Maybe you meant to post in a different thread?