• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Queen of the Cloud Pirates

I finally finished and self-published my first novella.
Queen of the Cloud Pirates is the first novella in the Crossing the Dropline series.
Amazon.com: Queen of the Cloud Pirates (Crossing the Dropline) eBook: Andrew Couch: Kindle Store
Far to the North of the Iron League lies the Dropline, beyond which the power of elemental Air rules supreme, where mountains rise from their bases and turn in the skies. Free Miners ply the fractured landscape to supply the League with the ore needed to build airships. Two young men are about to get wrapped up in the fight for the freedom of the region against pirates, politics and the swirling magic of the region itself.

Lors felt like he didn't fit in anywhere. Arnhelm felt no one trusted him. When they are set adrift with Arnhelm's injured uncle, they uncover a plot that threatens the north. If they have any chance to do something about it, one must learn the value of thought before action and the other must overcome his fears to act at all.

A swashbuckling adventure with airships, cloud pirates and their magically imbued queen.

The cover is one of my own making, but leans very heavily on the feedback on the cover forum here on Mythic Scribes. I even changed the title based on some thoughts here.

The next novella in the series is in the works and should be done in summer. I am definitely into keeping up on the series. I appreciate feedback and honest reviews.