• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random: Bibliolabs/Booklife

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
So, quite a while ago now, EoS picked up an Editor's pick from Booklife by Publishers Weekly, and at some point after that, the book was invited into... well, I barely recall what... but some sort of promotion that Booklife and Bibliolabs have going, and it's open to highly-rated books on Booklife pretty sure this is invite only). Today, out of the aether, $122 in sales is posting to my account. So, if you are wide and get that offer from Booklife... take it, LOL.

Edit: In effect, with the couple other smaller payments from this I've noticed, the review on Booklife paid for itself and is in fact, at profit, due to this promo arrangement they have.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
Booklife is the Indie wing of Publishers Weekly. You have a random chance to get reviewed when you create your account and put in your book info, etc., plus they have paid reviews that use the same people as the Publishers Weekly reviews. They also have a book contest with word limits too low for me to enter, which really sucks. With the review, Eve of Snows also appeared in Publishers Weekly, albeit amid a bunch of other well-reviewed books. That got some attention, but not from anybody I've been able to or want to take advantage of. A big publicist in NY I would never have heard of contacted me, and I might use them for an upcoming release. They have a nice author page and such as well.

I've never heard of Booklife before. Did you apply to get a review or did they approach you first?