• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Rate the Above Poster's Synopsis

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
A good way to earn some feedback on your NaNoWriMo ideas, you can cut and paste from your novel synopsis (on the NaNoWriMo site) and post it here. Then the next poster writes their comments or feedback on the synopsis itself. And so on and so on. The key is comment on the above poster every time so that if you want feedback you have to give feedback. Give and take. Works pretty well on the NaNoWriMo site so we could discuss it some here. I'll let someone else start out and then go from there.

Have fun this November and let's share what we're doing!

Shadoe

Sage
I'll admit, my synopsis is pretty crappy. The title is pretty crappy too. But I came up with it off the top of my head and this is what came out:

Title: Twenty Questions in Lyrinthoda
Imperial Guards Shando, Mai, Kiff, and Sarten search for the elusive shizaran. No one knows what it is or what it does, but if it will get them out of Lyrinthoda faster, they'll kill whoever they have to to find it. But they're not the only ones looking for it. Shando's former friend and current arch-nemesis wants it too, and he's sent his pet Imperial Guard, Adoran, and Imperial Guard pretender, Arlin - a Tuanchi-trained assassin - after it too. And they'll stop at nothing to get it first.