• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Recommendations for a web host?

Any thoughts on which web host I should go with? I need domain registration (the one I want is available) and a domain I can take with me if I want to move to another host. I don't plan on having anything fancy, just a WordPress setup with blog, bio, story links, about the book, contact/email, newsletter, etc.

All my research has done is suggest that no review can be trusted, whether seemingly professional or as a comment, and, whichever host you choose, the service will be terrible and the upselling will be keen. Is that your experience?

Apparently HostGator, BlueHost and all the "brands" now owned by a company called EIG have become terrible. One called SiteGround sounds promising, but I don't know.

I am so sick of researching this.

I'm with Hostica for my website, which is currently wordpress - installable with one click from the back end, basically. I've been with them for years and have had no trouble whatsoever. I pay about $24 a year, I think because I have additional SQL databases for some other applications that I run. In any case, it hardly breaks the bank.