• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Lavender

Minstrel
I often use the reputation system on forums as a way of showing appreciation to someone for answering a question of mine for example or to show I liked their post.
I've noticed this forum has this system but I was wondering if it had been disabled - everyone seems to have the same reputation score. I'm just curious about it :)

Im not sure if it is disabled here. I've received a handful of reputation comments on this site, but my green bar has never grown. I'm not so sure we need it here, but Black Dragon can probably answer as to whether or not it was disable or will be enabled.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hi Lavender,

The reputation system is enabled, but it hasn't been used very much. It takes 50 reputation points before the green bar starts to expand, and no one has crossed that threshold yet.

There are ways to encourage use of the reputation system. One is to install a "Thanks" or "Likes" system, which will give members the option to tag posts that they appreciate. Whenever a posted is tagged as being "thanked," it can automatically increase the reputation of the poster. Systems like this are used on many forums.

What are your thoughts on implementing such as system here? Is this something that people would like to see?

Lavender

Minstrel
I think the thanks/likes system would be useful if you wanted to let a forum user know you liked their post or thank them for answering a question/giving a critique instead of posting "thank you" in the thread, if that makes sense!