• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

RIP Anne McCaffrey

GeekDavid

Auror
Uh, Steer, she passed away 2 years ago, and you're just now commenting on it? :)

I wrote an obit for her for OG, but the site seems to be down at the moment. I'll post a link when it comes back up.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
One of those days. Time to stop multi-tasking.

**NOTICE: Nothing in this thread should be taken as an admission of mistake, or possibility of mistake, on the part of said Feline Overlord (hereinafter "Cat God"). Cat God reserves all rights to seek civil remedy for any defamatory statement expressly or implicitly alleging a mistake on the part of Cat God. By posting in this thread you agree that any such statement will cause immediate and irreparable harm to Cat God, including psychological distress that can only be remedied by a preliminary order for the provision of fifty cans of chunk white tuna fish in water to Cat God.**

GeekDavid

Auror
Steer, as a lawyer, you should know than an ex post facto law can have no effect. Therefore, my earlier statement stands as is, and I ain't editing it. You'd better not either. :Tongue:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Steer, as a lawyer, you should know than an ex post facto law can have no effect. Therefore, my earlier statement stands as is, and I ain't editing it. You'd better not either. :Tongue:

Yes, but now you've posted in the thread after​ my statement, thereby expressly agreeing to my terms (on its face, agreement to the terms required only a post of any kind). I'll take my tuna fish by overnight mail, please.

GeekDavid

Auror
No, you can't claim damages for something that happened prior to the agreement. That's ex post facto at it's simplest.

I shoulda gone to law school.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
No, you can't claim damages for something that happened prior to the agreement. That's ex post facto at it's simplest.

I shoulda gone to law school.

Ex post facto
refers to passage of a law after the fact. That's not the case here. Agreements addressing prior acts happen all the time :)

GeekDavid

Auror

Ex post facto
refers to passage of a law after the fact. That's not the case here. Agreements addressing prior acts happen all the time :)

So sue me for the tuna. I'll file a change of venue request noting that since I'm unemployed I can't travel to LA and make you come up to Idaho. Loser of the suit treats the winner to lunch at Scotty's Third Base Grill, the best burger joint in town.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I want to visit Coeur d'Alene, so when I do I'll swing down to Lewiston for burgers.

GeekDavid

Auror
I want to visit Coeur d'Alene, so when I do I'll swing down to Lewiston for burgers.

Let me know when you visit Cd'A. I spent 10 years in Spokane, I might even know spots there that Reaver hasn't found yet.

Alas, there's no place in Spokane or Cd'A that I've found yet that's like Scotty's... but that might be because I consider Scott a friend. :Biggrin: