• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Sad songs

FatCat

Maester
Sometimes I really just like to listen to songs that make me sad. I don't know if anyone else likes to do this, but 9/10 times it is accompanied by a bottle of vodka. So! Post some sad songs, this is mine.

ArelEndan

Scribe
I've been playing the soundtrack for Les Miserables a lot lately. Eponine's songs in particular always make me sad, but I keep listening to them. I think my family is getting tired of hearing me sing On My Own.

ALB2012

Maester
I've been playing the soundtrack for Les Miserables a lot lately. Eponine's songs in particular always make me sad, but I keep listening to them. I think my family is getting tired of hearing me sing On My Own.

Indeed. The one which makes me blub is when Valjean sings "bring him home." Oh and when the Phantom sings "masquerade" to the music box in phantom. Man I worked on that show a few years back and still blubbed every night.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
How about Nanci Griffith's excellent cover of a song by the late, great Townes Van Zandt?

Last edited by a moderator:

FatCat

Maester
This is a whole lot of sad in here. God help me next time I drink, pity-party here I come!

Jess A

Archmage
Apparently the same team [writer, director, actors etc] are making another film... "like In Bruges but not really"...

Would love to see it. It was such a weird film. My brother went to Bruges a couple of years ago and went up the tower from the film. Very funny.