• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Sailing Experts- Willing to read my chapter??

Jenni

Hi, everyone! My current WIP features a seafaring nation... and I know next to nothing about sailing a warship (specifically, a ship similar to a frigate). I've done extensive research, and I was wondering if anyone on here is a ship expert and would be willing to read part of a chapter & provide feedback on how realistic it is.

The scene features a war fleet sailing through a supernatural storm outside of storm season. The ships are not outfitted with cannons--while the nation's shipbuilding is far superior to what you might expect from a medieval society, guns have not yet been invented in this world. (This is a nation of sorcerers, so they can make a lot of things most people wouldn't be able to create).

I think the scene is realistic enough that people who know very little about sailing will feel immersed in the experience. I have a basic understanding of the strategy involved in weathering a storm-- but I'd like to hear the perception of anyone who's sailed before & see if there's anything that can be improved upon. If you're interested in reading it, please send me a PM. :)