• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Selling at a book fair

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I'll be at a very small book fair this Saturday. I have both Venmo and PayPal. For those of you who have such accounts, is it sufficient just to have the account? Do I simply tell them my email address and they do the transaction? I had thought all I needed was to be in there, but when I started thinking about it I realized I didn't know the logistics at all.

TIA!

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
No book fair as such, but there is a sort of 'Black Friday Market' at a local mall. My ex says I am welcome to share her booth to try to sell some books. (We are on amicable terms these days. She is into the handicraft scene.) Might be interesting.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
If you have your smart phone you can use it to login to paypal and send money. If they have a qr thing, you can use that with your camera. Just hold the camera over it like you want to take a picture and a web link will pop up. Or the reverse. You might be able to print out a qr code for yourself in paypal.

Last edited:

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
You need to connect the accounts to your bank account (and debit card, if you want to do the paying) and there's a verification process. It's important to figure that out right away. But after that, yes, they can pretty much just look you up and pay.