• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shadow of the Colossus / Wanderer and the Colossus

Nightender

Minstrel
Did anyone here ever play this? It's a quiet and subdued sort of game, but I love how majestic and beautiful it is. There's nothing like going into battle against a giant monster, having to climb it with some scrawny little kid, and stab the thing until it dies. There is a thrill in that, something that only gets magnified because of the wondrous locales and game play.

Sparkie

Auror
Love this game. Interesting approach to storytelling, and the all time best musical score in a video game.

Nihal

Vala
I love this game. I flirted with it for a long time after hearing about it, only listening to the OST, until I managed to run it in an emulator - I don't have a videogame. (It made me want to buy a videogame only to play it D:)

It's far from the traditional games. Simple but beautiful. I like how they use small elements to evoke emotions in the player, using them to tell the story too. It's also done in ICO, like having Yorda to chase birds for no apparent reason, but giving a little of her personality this way. By the way, it's really fun to try to find all the connections between the two games.

Who here is still waiting for The Last Guardian?

TheFlayer

Acolyte
One of the best games I've ever played. Just made a post about The Opened Way in another forum. Unforgettable.

Nightender

Minstrel
Nihal, I'm craving The Last Guardian. I suspect/hope it will have some connections too. Even if it doesn't, I love the idea of having to work with a colossus that has a mind of its own, much like Agro.

Nihal

Vala
Nihal, I'm craving The Last Guardian. I suspect/hope it will have some connections too. Even if it doesn't, I love the idea of having to work with a colossus that has a mind of its own, much like Agro.

It surely will have some connection, even if it's only a hint, an easter egg like the ICO rings in the desert of SotC. I just hope they finish and release this game, all this delay makes me a little nervous. D:

Nightender

Minstrel
I'm sure it'll go past architecture and aesthetic. The story connection between Ico and Shadow of the Colossus is simple enough that we still have to guess the full details of the connection, but we know they are related just from the baby's appearance.