• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shadows of a Fading World - Promotional Giveaway

Steerpike

Felis amatus
First off, if you are planning on buying a copy of the anthology, or have already done so, thank you very much. It is greatly appreciated by me, and also by the authors, who contributed to the anthology for a token up-front payment and an ongoing share of the royalties.

If you'd like to get a free copy of the anthology, I'm going to do a little promotion. If you have a social media presence (blog, Twitter, Facebook, or whatever), and mention the anthology there (in positive terms) and provide the link below to Amazon, I'll send you a free copy.

Just reply to this thread letting me know what you did, and the free copy is yours.

Amazon.com: Shadows of a Fading World eBook: Ian Creasey, Robin Wyatt Dunn, Rhonda Eikamp, Christine Frost, Neal F. Litherland, Michael Mina, David J. West, Robert MacAnthony: Kindle Store

teacup

Auror
Tweeted
"Check out this anthology of seven original tales of swords and sorcery "Shadows of a Fading World" - Long Count Press (link) "

I hope it does well. :)

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Tweeted
"Check out this anthology of seven original tales of swords and sorcery "Shadows of a Fading World" - Long Count Press (link) "

I hope it does well. :)

Thank you, sir. Just PM me your email address and I'll send the ebook over.

Reaver

Staff
On my Facebook page:

If you like cool fantasy stories then check out my good friend Robert's anthology, "Shadows of a Fading World".

Shadows of a Fading World
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Ages pass. Civilizations fall. Strange sorceries arise. New stories emerge. From H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine," to Jack Vance's "The Dying Earth," readers have found endless wonder and adventure in stories set at the decline or civilization, or far beyond. Now, Long

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I tweeted, Facebooked, and Google Plussed. Three prong attack!

From Google+:

A new fantasy anthology from editor +Robert MacAnthony in the tradition of sword and sorcery and Jack Vance's Dying Earth series. Anything that's a tribute to Jack Vance is awesome to me. Fun fact: the lich from Dungeons and Dragons Vecna comes from Vance's name!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Thanks, guys! PM me your email address and I'll get the copies out to you.

Graylorne

Archmage
I tweeted.
But my following is so small it won't catch many eyes, so I simply bought a copy as well.
May it become a bestseller...

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I tweeted.
But my following is so small it won't catch many eyes, so I simply bought a copy as well.
May it become a bestseller...

Thank you, sir! I appreciate the mention as well as the purchase. Very kind of you.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
This anthology is a collection of sword and sorcery stories, and compiled by a good friend of mine. If you have a few extra dollars and enjoy fantasy in the form of short stories, check this out!

posted a few minutes ago. I know I have a few avid reader fans checking out my facebook, so I hope that ends up as a few sales.

buyjupiter

Maester
Tweeted and posted on our FB page. The cover art really is lovely, Steer! :)

I reposted from you on Facebook, but added my own flavortext: "Want to read more creative stories and support a small press? Check out this collection of sword and sorcery stories set in dying worlds." I didn't even know you were doing this Steerpike!

Steerpike, I'm waiting til late tonight to cross-post to the blog so it hits my (mostly) UK followers in the morning. Is there any additional text to advertise the collection (previous author publication credits, author bios, etc) that you'd like me to use, since on the blog it can be however long it needs to be?

C

Chessie

I tweeted it for you, Steerpike. I looked it over on your link and it looks like an exciting read. I hope it does very well!

PS: Also did Facebook (my personal one, no author FB yet). If you need proof of the links, I can PM them to you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruby

Auror
Hi Steerpike, I've shared buyjupiter's link on Facebook and retweeted teacup's and Phil the Drill's tweets. Good luck with the book!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Thank you, everyone!

PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy of the book. I'll get the copies out today.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Steerpike, I'm waiting til late tonight to cross-post to the blog so it hits my (mostly) UK followers in the morning. Is there any additional text to advertise the collection (previous author publication credits, author bios, etc) that you'd like me to use, since on the blog it can be however long it needs to be?

Thanks, buyjupiter. I do have some bios for the authors but I don't have them here with me. I appreciate the post, and you don't have to wait on me for more info. Feel free to post as you see fit, and PM me an address to email the book to :)