• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Share your writing moments

Queshire

Auror
Have you ever had an event during your writing career that just stuck out to you as notable? The sort of stuff that just makes you laugh or say, "Well, that just happened?" One of those just happened to me so I'd like to see what others have to say.

I just got complimented for a character I made whose entire purpose was to be an ironic "take that" at a character type which I find a bit distasteful.

In particular, the character is a Dust Elemental with the figure of a bodybuilder whose first response to pretty much anything is to flex at it.

Now, this character is for a collaborative writing project *cough*an RP*cough* and it has been surprisingly effective.

that's funny Queshire.

A lot of my writing moments are internal. I have shared very few of my works with anyone. However, I remember one, I was rereading a chapter after taking a long break from the book. I wanted to get a feel. The conversation was between a spy and his handler. The spy almost got removed from his position in the enemy's magical order for fighting with another initiate and just about killing him. The handler told the spy he needed to be more discrete in situations wherein the spy got jumped by someone. The spy replied, "How do you propose I do that? Should I punch him quietly?" Or something to that effect. It made me laugh. I can say that was the first time I ever laughed at one of my works out loud.