1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Side One, Ep.1 "Holey Ship!"

Discussion in 'Flat Earth' started by Legendary Sidekick, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philip Overby

Philip Overby Staff Article Team

I try to punch the demon captain in front of me. "I really want to punch my demon self, but you'll have to do for now. I do like his eyes though. Wish mine did that."

[​IMG]

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Bickering Demons

"See?"
    says the demon captain. "My opponent missed too!"

"He's wounded,"
    says the crowned one. "What's your excuse?"

"Whose side are you on, anyway?"

"The winning side, if you can hit anything. Maybe if you cut that dual wielding crap, and fight a proper sword fight."

"Proper,"
    the captain grumbles. "She puts on a crown, and suddenly she's the Queen of Propriety."

"Princess,"
    the crowned one insists. "I'm too pretty to be a queen." She winks at Fenella, as if stabbing her wasn't an offense.

3. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

[​IMG]
    I attack with a quick draw of my Katana the closest demon to me.

4. Ruby

Ruby Auror

[​IMG]

Fenella: I cannot believe it! There is a demon who looks exactly like me, but black and red. How dare she imitate a royal princess of a noble family such as mine!
    "Death to the Demon!" I cry.
    I lift my sword and strike a mighty blow to the demon's head. I have to win this war. Mariya and my companions must help me.

5. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

I sing, calling the power of lightning to my aid.
    [​IMG]
    ((XD))

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  6. Legendary Sidekick

[​IMG][​IMG]

[TABLE="width: 640, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Diana ♥♥ (enemy damage reduced)[/TD]
    [TD]Muziko ♥♥[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Fenella ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ [/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Mariya ♥♥[/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Pale Jackal ♥♥♥♥[/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Reaver (damage increased)[/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Shan Mai ♥♥ (grappling power increased)[/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Vincent ♥♥ (offense increased)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

The Reflexions are demons like none that the human heroes had ever seen before. Perhaps it's these odd, form-stealing creatures or their casual attitude toward killing in battle, or perhaps it's the slippery deck of the sinking ship… in any case, our heroes swing wildly at the strange, new enemy. One after another, they miss. Only Shan Mai manages to hit his target, shattering the flesh of the demoness.

The demons become confident as they see the human heroes fall apart. Ignoring the singing muse, they begin their attacks. The demon captain brings both blades down toward PJ, while PJ's evil twin eyes his two opponents. "Two-fisted Two-faced Combo!" he shouts as he prepares to strike Diana and Reaver…

But Mariya's thunderbolt strikes first! Lightning sends cracks through both of the male demons, and the thunder stuns them, preventing their attacks! ((The 18s don't count due to the stun effect of Thunderbolt.))

The crowned demoness gripes, "Do I have to fight the mortals myself?" To her surprise, the real Fenella stops her sword. The two runic blades remain pressed together, until the amazon princess gives her evil twin a shove.

Mariya sits calmly on Fenella's shoulder. Muziko peers around Vincent's forehead and gasps when she sees what a real muse is able to do. Without thinking, she leaps from Vincent's shoulder, runs to the princess and climbs her long, blonde hair. When she reaches the crown, she hangs on for dear life and looks at Mariya with admiration.

"You're amazing! I am very lucky to have your shape! I… I hope you don't mind."

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Diana

A bolt of lightning stuns my opponent in mid-strike, preventing its attacks from hitting me or Reaver at all. I seize the opportunity to strike before the demon can regain its wits.

[​IMG]

That's more like it!

Vincent

I can't stand back and watch anymore. I have to act. I call on my magic and...

[​IMG]

...take an extra few moments to charge the firework spell. Right. That was the plan all along.

Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  8. Philip Overby

I punch wildly at the demon captain again, hoping to knock the shadow right off his...shadow.

[​IMG]

9. Reaver

Reaver Staff Moderator

Thanks to our lovely little muse's powerful attack, I get a brief reprieve from more wounds. I take the opportunity to attack the foul daemon.

[​IMG]

10. Legendary Sidekick

Demonic Brawler

More cracks form along the demon's body as he is struck by the mortals' blades. He glares at the samurai.

"Hey. Watch the pink hair. I don't wanna be bald like you."

Reaver likes this.
  11. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

I smile up at the demoness. "Not at all," I say, just before I sing a brief note to give Fenella's sword the power of lightning.

12. Legendary Sidekick

Muziko smiles, and lets out a soft gasp as Mariya sings. She sees the green rune on Fenella's blade light up, its glow intensifying with the sound of Mariya's voice. She holds onto Fenella's hair tightly as she realizes what's about to happen…

13. Ruby

Ruby Auror

[​IMG]

Fenella: I lift the sword that Mariya has gifted the power of lightning and begin to thrust it at the head of the demon princess. She looks dark and evil but I have to destroy her!

14. Legendary Sidekick

((Here are the rolls. Wait for the GM post before you react.
    [​IMG]
    18 = Shan Mai vs. Evil Fenella
    10 = Crowned Demoness vs. Shan Mai
    14 = Hatted Demon vs. PJ
    20 = Pink-haired Demon vs. Reaver))

15. Legendary Sidekick

Diana and Reaver both strike the pink-haired demon, PJ puts a crack in the captain's grin, and [18] Shan Mai's katana cuts deep into the crowned demoness. As for Fenella, she misses her target. Her overhead strike sends her runic sword crashing to the wooden floor.

[​IMG]

Electricity lights up the floor boards, crackling along the demoness' legs. The lightning zigzags across the deck, striking the demonic captain next. When the pink-haired demon is struck, his body shatters!

[​IMG]

There is a crash, and a tinkling sound as shards of PJ's evil twin are scattered across the deck.

"Are you really falling apart on me?" asks the captain.

When the pink-haired demon tries to answer, his lower jaw snaps off. Suddenly the shards begin to swirl around. The other two demons slide up the wet deck, and the broken pieces of their bodies come apart and twirl through the air. Only their heads remain intact.

Muziko cries as she twists strands of Fenella's hair around her wrists. "I'm not with them!" she tells Mariya with a look of desperation. "Tell your mother I'm not with them!" Even when it becomes apparent that Muziko will not be sucked into the vortex, she watches with terror as the Reflexions' bodies are rearranged.

[​IMG]

"Aww…" The crowned demoness gripes, "This sword doesn't look as cool."

The pink-haired demon is quite pleased with his form. "Oh, hell YES! Captain! Princess! Check this out. I once faced Master Rubi as a Reflexion! He bowed to me when I was defeated and even admitted my quick-draw exceeded his own." He points at Reaver. "I told you I wouldn't be bald like you, but the rest of your form is perfect for me! You're about to face the best samurai in Hell! Been nice knowing ya!"

He rushes at Reaver…

[​IMG]

[20] Reaver sees that the pink-haired demon truly is in perfect form. It's the Nuki-Uchi, Reaver realizes—the deadliest single strike one can execute with a katana! Reaver feels no pain.

He feels no pain because his opponent has no sword.

[14] The pink-haired demon sees his sword poke PJ in the forehead.

"Telekinesis," says the captain. "How fun."

The disarmed samurai's pink hair reddens with rage. "You're a DICK!" he says to the captain, "a total DICK! How dare you draw a samurai's weapon." He gestures at the way the weapon barely scratches the Pale Jackal. "What the hell is THAT? I would've taken down my opponent in a single blow you… you… YOU DICK!"

The crowned demoness glares at the little muse. Both of them! "I'm going to bash those girls right out of your hair," she tells Fenella. But Shan Mai is in her path. Though her sword misses, her shield does not. The crowned demoness bowls over the samurai chef, leaving him stunned. [10 - stun, but no damage]

[HR][/HR]

[TABLE="width: 640, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Diana ♥♥ (enemy damage reduced)[/TD]
    [TD]Muziko ♥♥[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Fenella ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ [/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Mariya ♥♥[/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Pale Jackal ♥♥♥♥[/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Reaver (damage increased)[/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Shan Mai ♥♥ (grappling power increased) STUNNED[/TD]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Vincent ♥♥ (offense increased)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Ruby and Reaver like this.
  16. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

I watch in stomach-wrenching dread as the shattered demon-princess reforms into a dark reflection of Diana, shield and all. The demon-Hyena's new form looks bizarrely like mine. Neither are quite exact, but near enough. And the latter has my powers, too! Damn it all!

[​IMG]

My magic isn't strong enough to take him out. Charging again is too risky... but I have a clear shot for the demon who now wears my body. I release the spell, sending a burst of flame right into his smug, smirking face. If nothing else it might distract him for a while. More likely it will turn his attention to me. Am I enough of a match for myself?

I have to hope so.

Diana

[​IMG]

The shattered and rearranged demon-Jackal-Reaver is a disturbing sight. I lunge at him, but my sword goes wide. From the corner of my eye I glimpse the tall demoness, now wearing a body like mine. This is bizarre!

17. Legendary Sidekick

Muziko

"It's true!" Muziko says to Mariya. "I'm not like them at all. I'm more like you… I have your voice, and–if your mother will accept me, I will use your voice. I will do no harm, I swear to The Voice I will only sing songs that help."

[​IMG]

Her eyes light up as she feels the touch of the goddess of the open sea. She opens her tiny mouth, and out comes a sound that is sweet, and clear, and perhaps a bit haunting given her demonic glow. She searches the party, wondering who she should protect first…

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    Noma Galway and Ireth like this.
  18. Reaver

Reaver Staff Moderator

I thank The Warrior for vanquishing the first daemon and Lady Death for sparing me from certain doom at the hands of my daemonic doppelganger.

I take the opportunity to attack my unarmed foe:

[​IMG]

In my weakened state, I might as well be unarmed...

19. Philip Overby

Pink warrior is about to die. I kick the dog mess monkey poo out of shadow Reaver.

[​IMG]

Ireth likes this.
  20. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

My scowl at the demoness who used to look like Fenella's threat is melted away as Muziko sings. Though I smile, I open my mouth to sing my lightning song once more. Unfortunately, my voice cracks, and I decide to charge for another round, hoping the demoness doesn't manage to make good on her threat before the spell takes effect.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.