1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Side One, Ep.2 "Double Dog Dare"

Discussion in 'Flat Earth' started by Legendary Sidekick, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

I breathe heavily. "Thanks! That could have been bad."

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Muziko
    "Stealing your form changed my life. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

3. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

I smile and hug Muziko.

4. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera

My eyes pop when Riff does, splashing the monster with pink splatters and chunks. He…He squeezed her to pixy pudding! Flashes take me, brimming with unspeakable horror.

The beastly side of me readies for a frenzied, vengeful howl, but my ears perk at the whimsical beat of Riffs humming wings. A little ball drenched in gook clumsily zips over, weighed down by something.

“Great Woody! I thought you died!” I cry, suddenly pretty miffed. “How many buildings must yeh muck with before you quit?” The fairy whizzes around my head, chirping an impish laugh. “Nevermind, I’m just glad your meddlesome backside is out of the way!”

“Aye Addison, toss me a few of those flamingos!” I call, accepting them graciously with a crooked smile. Comrades are flying, fire, blood, and bubblegum encompassing all. What befuddling glory!

I release a flamingo, straight for his wicked face! “Burn to cinders, bozo!”

[​IMG]

Riff

“What the heck are these?” I grumble, glancing at the two odd looking cherries in hand. They sprouted from my blossom outfit the moment I returned to normal size. Jei shrugs, too fixated on the mayhem. “Hmm.”

I frown at poor Mr. Needle, engulfed in flames.

“Jei, Mr. Needle is in trouble!” I try to explain. “The real Mr. Needle could be trapped inside the barn!”

Big Sis gives me a blank stare. We gotta blast that mean monster that ate him! That’s what my guts say! Hopefully, he doesn’t get too charred in the process! Since Jei won’t listen to me, I hurriedly buzz close to the burning lunatic-god despite her cries. His scorching mustachio nearly singes my wings!

“Mr. Needle, are you in there?! You must wake up!” The hermit’s stinky barn-breath smacks me away like a foul wind, so I’m forced to zip high over his blocky head. What cumbersome things! My sweaty hands lose their grip, and with a squeak of dismay both of the cherries plummet to the roof.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  5. Legendary Sidekick

((Snap shot of Grand Finale spell.))
    [​IMG]
    If the agility check fails, the ruby slippers will do their thing.

Muziko accepts the hug.

"Awww…"

Her grayish skin blushes. Mariya notices the ex-demoness has been healthier looking since The Maiden held her. Muziko's skin used to have a glassy look, but now it just looks like flesh of a different color. She is soft like a normal muse.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  6. Legendary Sidekick

Addison replies, "I can spare only one!" She sees Jei puts her arrow to very good use!

Addy's arrow hits the broad side of the barn, but not in a place that can do any damage.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ((Rolz hates cocky players.))

7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

I wince as my worry comes true, and the bubbles around Mariya and Fenella burst with the force of my spell. "Ah! Sorry!" Luckily, neither of them come to any harm when they fall.

8. Legendary Sidekick

Muziko replies to Vincent, "Who knew something so dangerous could be so pretty?"

Addison is more intrigued by tiny Riff and her not-so-tiny attack. She turns to Jei. "Who knew someone so pretty could be so dangerous?"

[​IMG]
    After cutting deep into the hay leg with his axe, Paul boasts to Diana, "I'm pretty dangerous myself."

Babe shrugs. "I'm… dangerously pretty?" But when he manages to actually miss his extremely huge target, his next words are not pretty at all.

9. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

Images sear through my mind, stronger than the blazing rainbow of my fireworks. There are more orcs inside the barn, dead or dying from the smoke and flame. And somewhere in there is the body of the old Barney Needle, torn apart by the orcs before their deaths. I shudder, wishing we could have gotten here soon enough to save him.

Muziko speaks, and I manage a smile. "A lot of beautiful things can be dangerous. Every rose has its thorns, after all."

Diana

I chuckle as Babe and Paul boast of their prowess ad handsomeness, some more convincing than others. I keep my distance from the burning barn, preferring to let the fire do its work without endangering myself by it.

10. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera

"Don't let her looks fool ya." I reply to Addison, squinting at the little pink menace. "She's a meddler by trade."

Riff hurries back, exasperated. Wha? She's still spouting nonsense about saving Mr. Needle? Aw, she's got a big heart for a pipsqueak. I just wish Riff would be sensible here. You're pretty far gone once talk of world domination is thrown out there, let alone the whole genocidal-barn possession thing. How can anyone sympathize with a furious farm-demon?

Sis can, cause she's sweet like sugar. That's why I can't lower my guard. Her sugar-butt almost got roasted! AND squashed. AND married. AND...

"It's no use." I say, not the most articulate soul. "No bozo could survive that."

Riff

Yes, Jei is probably right. It was a small, fleeting hope...What lovely fireworks! Still a tinged sad, this monster is likely an evil shade of Mr. Needle. How awful. The best we can do now is put him out of his misery. A nagging worry itches the back of my pixy-brain. Just what were those cherries?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  11. Legendary Sidekick

Addison pokes at the pinkish bubble keeping her afloat. She says to Jei, "Now that I've seen pixies and what they do, I ain't never gonna underestimate 'em."

((Just a heads up: Barney's turn is tomorrow afternoon or evening.))

12. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

My vision is still a bit blurred after witnessing a large explosion of magical light. I also feel a bit disoriented from the shock of it all. Perhaps I was too close.

13. Ruby

Ruby Auror

Fenella: I'm ready with the Ruby slippers if necessary. I look around at the battle scene.

[​IMG]

14. Legendary Sidekick

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mariya and Vincent cast their spells, huntresses shoot and axe men swing their blades with swordswomen Diana and Fenella. As for Riff, she blows the entire roof off!

Reaver realizes that he, like others, is too disoriented by the fire, lightning, colorful bursts of light and sticky bubbles. As a result, very few of our heroes take advantage of Barney as he struggles with the pink substance gluing his hay-hands in place.

While Vincent senses the desperation of the orcs trapped inside the burning barn, even his sixth sense isn't enough to predict the orcs' next move:

The barn door shatters as two orcs smash their way through. One charges straight at Vincent, bursting his bubble [13], while the other rushes at Addison Lane [16-3rd roll] and leaps into the air. Her bubble bursts, and the Huntress mucks up her ole tuck'n'roll. As she comes crashing down on her head, she is singed by another orc rushing PJ [6] as well as the one rushing toward Riff [16-1st roll]. Riff is too far from her attacker to feel the heat, and PJ manages to sidestep the charge in his direction. Reaver is too close to the chaos to get away unscathed, but fortunate to only have been burned once [10].

Diana shields an attack meant for Paul. The orc slams into Diana's shield, rolls over her, and though Diana is burned [16-8th roll], the orc is lying on the ground being consumed by flames. Before Diana can recover, another screaming orc bowls her over [19]. Babe looks back at her with concern, but sees his protective pink goo burst as one last orc makes it through the door. [13]

Before the billowing smoke obscures her vision, Riff sees at least half a dozen orcs remain in the barn. They are either face down or on their backs. Searing heat forces the upward, tossing the fairy from harm's way before tongues of flame devour the space she had occupied only a fraction of a second before. It's clear to her that those who didn't make it out, won't.

15. Legendary Sidekick

((Note: Jei, PJ, and Reaver can sidestep and also attack. Everyone else is forced to fight. Shan Mai has the enemies' backs, so he won't get burned. The pixies are safely our of reach.))

Addison Lane is enraged, and in grave danger. As the airborne orc descends toward her, Addy lashes out with her fingernails.

[​IMG]
    "DIE!"

To her surprise, she is unharmed… and the orc is thrown to the ground by the force of her hand.

16. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera

Chaos erupts as flaming piggies burst from the monster’s innards. Instantly, everyone is taking damage and getting their pants singed! Well, except for George.

One goes for Riff, but she zips out of the way. Addison takes a hit but mightily claws her attacker. My eyes quickly turn to the shield-maiden. Hopefully I can help!

I release a robin arrow, aimed for the nearest piggy vexing her.

[​IMG]

Arg, the flames got me cross-eyed!

Riff

This is horrible! Goodness! These ugly orcs are scampering around, hurting my new friends! Flaming or not, I’m gonna try and root them in place!

I retrieve a tiny seed from my pouch, and summon my powers of veg!

[​IMG]

The seed jitters in my hands, it’ll need to charge!

17. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Diana

The orcs' furious assault catches me off-guard, and I'm quickly bowled over. I scramble to my feet and attempt to Shield Bash the nearest enemy.

[​IMG]

Vincent

Suddenly I'm surrounded by orcs, and flaming ones at that! I snatch up the nearest piece of debris my magic can reach, sending it flying at the nearest orc in hopes of forestalling its next attack.

[​IMG]

18. Legendary Sidekick

Sidekicks Attack (and Defend)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    ((Still allowing time for Ruby, Noma, Reaver, Phil and Severin to post…))​

Paul hacks at Barney's leg. Muziko sees Riff sitting on the ground charging a spell. She sings, and a bubble forms around the fairy.

As for Babe, he manages to knock a burning orc into the air, and as the orc flies, he flip-jumps over it and cleaves another orc in two! "Dangerously pretty!" is his battle cry.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  19. Ruby

Ruby Auror

Fenella:

[​IMG]

I use my sword to hack away at bits of burning and dying orcs.

20. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Shan Mai moves away from the flames, watching for an opponent he might be able to attack.

He sheathes his sword and has a cleaver ready to use. (he threw one, so this would be his last.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.