1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Side One, Ep.2 "Double Dog Dare"

Discussion in 'Flat Earth' started by Legendary Sidekick, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

((where is Fenella?))

My voice rises in song to endow Fenella's blade with the power of lightning.

2. Ruby

Ruby Auror

((Hi Noma, apparently Fenella's floating away somewhere out of sight at the top of LS's screen!))

Fenella:

I call Mariya but she can't join me just yet. We are a good team and I need her power of lightning to kill these evil orcs!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  3. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

((I gave your sword lightning. I can't really get up there right now))

4. Ruby

Ruby Auror

((Okay! I just edited it! To be honest, I'm not exactly sure where Fenella is. LS just said she's out of sight!))

5. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

My naginata sings as it flies through the air toward the fiery orc closest to me.

[​IMG]

6. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As the orcs run from Barney, screaming in agony, our heroes quickly put them out of their misery. Paul finds that Babe, Vincent and Diana took care of things on his end. He strikes the leg, and for a moment, it remains intact. But more loose pieces of hay fly up, as they have been since Diana struck the leg, and the hay crumples underneath the weight of the barn.

After Babe's acrobatic attack, Reaver takes down the orc who burned him, while Fenella and Mariya finish the remaining orc. The lightning attack takes out the orc as well as the other leg, which was heavily damaged from Shan Mai's quickdraw.

Knowing he's beat, Barney decides to take as many with him as he can. His hay fists come crashing down over all in reach. One fist strikes [11] Fenella, Mariya, Reaver, Shan Mai and Muziko. The other pounds [17] Diana, Vincent and Paul.

Diana falls.

"No…" Paul shudders as he sees the shield maiden's weapon and shield clatter to the ground. He turns to Vincent. "Why did she risk so much for me…?" He glares at Barney, and raises his axe.

Barney growls in frustration as the pink goo from Muziko's and Paul's bubbles prevents him from delivering a second crushing blow.

((Barney loses his turn, so you guys get TWO turns! Post both turns as one to save time.))

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  7. Ruby

Ruby Auror

Fenella: I try to use the powerful sword to attack Barney as he crashes down. My first thrust with the sword is weak, the second is better. Mariya has endowed the sword with extra strength. Phew! It's getting hot around here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

"No!"

Rage burns through me as Diana falls. I move between her and the attacking barn, slinging more debris at Barney with all my strength. Once, twice!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't bother to see what my attacks accomplish, and turn to get Diana out of harm's way as quickly as possible.

9. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Shan Mai
    The barn leaps to battle, knocking the cleaver from his hands,
    Executes a quick draw (Urshiro if possible, Mai if not)
    first attack:
    [​IMG]
    second strike:
    [​IMG]
    Splinters and cinders fly in all direction.
    "Never knock a cleaver out of a cooks hands or you be toast."

10. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera

I grit my teeth, filled with hatred for this wicked abomination!

I free a raven, then a Jay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How many times have I hit the bastard in the eye?! Thrice now, actually.

May it die in darkness!

Riff

My heart plummets as one of us falls.

The seed in my tiny hands jumps, glowing as small sprouts begin to crack from its shell. I throw it at Mr. Needle, angered by his crazed thrashings.

[​IMG]

Suddenly, the seed bursts where it lands, winding upward in a frenzied tangle of thick vines. Tendrils catch Mr. Needle’s arm. Hopefully that’ll delay him long enough to drag Diana to safety!

I wish I could do more! Things were easier when I was big…consumed by that one thought, I summon a sugarplum shroom.

[​IMG]

A red mushroom pops from the charred earth, speckled yellow. I’ve never seen this before, so I’m not sure what it’ll do. I pray something useful!

11. Legendary Sidekick

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Addison uses her grappler gun to swoop to the barn with a kick. Her "lioness claw" attack breaks some boards.

Paul charges the barn and knocks his mustache off, though he is singed in the attempt.

Babe gets in a could good whacks with his axe.

As for Muziko…

"I would rip my heart out for you
    Dripping blood to the beat of the drums of war
    I would sacrifice all for you
    And the worthy cause that you're fighting for

Rise, fallen brothers
    Against all the others
    Who stand for what smothers
    What makes us free

Fight, my brave sisters
    May your might slay the misters
    Who don crooked crowns
    And plot to take the world down

And leave me to lie here and bleed
    My sacrifice, my pleasure, your need."

After Diana rises, Muziko creates a bubble around the wounded woman.

As Barney attempts to free himself, tendrils wrap around him. Barney cannot move.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS, PUNY MORTALS! I AM A GOD! A GOD OF VEGETABLES! HOW DARE YOU ROOT YOURSELVES IN ME! I'LL SEND YOU TO ONION HELL TO COOK FOR ALL ETERNITY!"

((THREE attacks for Diana and those who did not already attack, and ONE MORE for those who already attacked! The vines took another turn from the barn!))

Reaver likes this.
  12. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

As Muziko's voice fills the air, I sigh in relief. Diana wakes, and I pull her to her feet, then hand her her sword and shield. I look over at Muziko through the flames and smoke. "Thank you."

Finally I attack the barn again. "Once more with feeling, you son of a birch!"

[​IMG]

Diana

I open my eyes with a grimace. Pain shoots through me, but it's less than I know it could be. I take Vincent's hand and get to my feet, then take up my sword and shield again. Time to finish Barney for good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera
    Flabbergasted, I shake my head. Riff...she can't keep her mitts off those pesky shrooms! I shoot a jay and hope this nightmare ends.

[​IMG]

“You’re the only one getting cooked!”

Riff

Yay, I’m big again! What mischief can I do?

My wings might get singed if I get too close, so I grab some debris and hurl at the shade!

“I’m sorry, Mr. Needle, it’s time you rest now!”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  14. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

I am in awe of the combat prowess that each of my companions possess. I thank The Warrior and Lady Death for blessing me with their company. Then I attack the blazing pile of a monster that calls itself a god.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

Not sure how my lightning affected the barn before, but with this amount, it was sure to do something! My voice rises in song.
    [​IMG]
    The pitch lowers for the next note.
    [​IMG]
    And in an attempt to hit the highest note I could, my voice cracks horribly, and I quit singing. Hopefully those two spells will be enough.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  16. Legendary Sidekick

[​IMG]

Our heroes attack Barney, who can do nothing other than lisp, "BLATHFEMMAR! THOP THITH MADNETH!"

The sound of thunder echoes as weapons, arrows, and fist penetrate the smoldering walls of the roofless barn. When lightning strikes a second time, there is a thundering sound, but not from the lightning spell. It is the sound of the first wall collapsing. The others fall, momentarily blinding and choking some our heroes with billowing clouds of black. Those inside their protective bubbles can immediately see that there is no enemies or any kind of fire demon ready to jump out at them. When the air clears, all our heroes see are charred bodies and what remains of a burning barn.

The battle is won.

JRFLynn, Reaver and Ireth like this.
  17. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Diana

I sigh in relief, backing away from what's left of the barn, then take a moment to clean and sheathe my sword. I need healing, and I'm not the only one. I hope there's a herbalist in town we can gain the aid of before long.

Then again... we're in a forest, there ought to be something here I can gather and put to use myself. I begin searching the trees and underbrush beyond the scope of the fire.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  18. Legendary Sidekick

((As an herbalist, Diana can certainly look for free herbs. Roll for your search.))

19. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

((Edited into my post. ^^))

20. Legendary Sidekick

Diana searches the immediate area. Sparks dance along the ground where the electric fence spell had been cast, but when a startled squirrel runs through the area unharmed, it is clear to Diana that she can safely leave the area at any time. More sparks light up at the corner of her eye, and she sees a familiar plant with ice blue leaves: Maidenspearmint.

Diana recalls that this plant is popular among shield maidens, or at least the few who are herbalists. It's good for cleansing wounds and if rubbed on the teeth, it freshens one's breath. Diana will need pure water in order to make use of the leaves. They need to be freshly picked in order to work, so Diana knows to only pick one for each of the wounded... as soon as she can obtain pure water.

She also finds a bloodberry bush. Bloodberries have a meaty taste, and must be eaten with care to avoid staining one's clothing. They do have a powerful healing effect, and last for... how long? she wonders.

((There's no good in-game way to say it: they last for one episode. Whether the episode's an a hour or a month, they last that long. It's just easier to keep track of expiring items that way. I'll try to make episodes last roughly the same amount of time, and of course, if you get an item at the very end of an episode, I'll have at least some of that bunch last a second episode.))

Diana sees at least a dozen good bloodberries on the bush.

((Roll a d20. The number of berries found is your search roll [11] + whatever your berry-picking roll comes out to. If Jeisera picks berries with you, that's another 1-20 berries.))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.