1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Side One, Ep.2 "Double Dog Dare"

Discussion in 'Flat Earth' started by Legendary Sidekick, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Shan Mai
    Turns to see the large eye moving slowly.
    Charges towards the large eye,
    [​IMG]
    [would that be two strikes against the eye? (Wakizashi)]

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Emma sees Vincent soar to the large eye, engulfing the barbed eyes that attempt to stop his charge. When Emma sees Shan Mai's bubble pop from a barbed eye's attempt to stop him, she knows it's highly unlikely she will be as successful as the men.

She tells Vincent, "Perfect execution!"
    [​IMG]
    But when she brings her hands to her hip to hurl a ball of fire at the large eye, the flame fizzles before even reaching the eye.

Pidge suggests, "Maybe the fighters should finish off the barbed eyes while shooters get the big one, like THIS!"
    [​IMG]
    But when Pidge says that, her firewine bottle breaks in the water. A weak flame ignites, but the current pushes the burning wine away from the large eye. A thin line of the fire on water is washed past the barbed eyes and heroes. It spirals down the whirlpool without having done any harm at all. Pidge sinks into her tub looking dejected.

Muziko says, "Don't feel bad. Maybe I can cheer you up with the bubble song! AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaakk-kkk-kkkhhhh-"
    [​IMG]
    Smoke from the extinguished firewine enters the muse's tiny nostrils. She chokes a little, but manages to hold the note.
    "-hhhaaaakhaawooooooouuuhhoowwwwaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..."

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  3. Ruby

Ruby Auror

Fenella

[​IMG]

This golden dancing sword is pretty powerful, today.

4. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera

My eyes bulge as a monstrous eye trundles toward us! A bit dumbfounded, I let fly a robin!

[​IMG]

Ireth likes this.
  5. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

Mother told me that eye would appear, and I instinctively sing a brief note, sending a bolt of lightning at it.
    [​IMG]

That was a much larger eye than I thought would be there!

6. Legendary Sidekick

[​IMG]

Vincent soars through the air, blasting through three barbed eyes that attempt to block his path. Shan Mai charges Holst as well. Only his bubble is harmed by the one barbed eye able to stretch into his path. The samurai jams both blades into the thick lens. A fire-red glow emanates from the wakizashi as it strikes, and a yellow ooze from the demon eye is absorbed into the blade.

Emma and Pidge fail to inflict any damage. Muziko holds her note, while Mariya's song is accompanied by lightning. Fenella severs three barbed stems, and even manages to splatter the one barbed eye that was unscathed. Jeisera's arrow strikes the exact center of the pupil. Confident in her position, she grabs another arrow and hits the center of the eye a second time!

The one remaining barbed eye bonks Pidge on the head. The mushroom hat protects her from harm while the eye blinks in pain, having struck the pixie with its pupil instead of impaling her on the barbs.
    [​IMG]

"Even the puniest mortal defies me," a voice moans. The large eye focuses on Fenella, while the smaller one stretches toward her and wags as the voice speaks again: "You think you hurt me? You simply gave me a manicure. I can open the eyes on my fingers so they will find you and crush you.

"Heal!"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "…"

The smaller eye rolls.

The voice moans, "Crushing you is too quick a death. I merely need to push you."

The eye moves forward. Vincent and Shan Mai can plainly see that there is no way to stop the eye while it lives. It is not only extremely large, but slimy. It is also slow enough that the men can easily step back and move with the eye to avoid being run over as it rolls.

"The water will take you to my side of the world… or at least your corpses will end up there."
    Both demon eyes look at Muziko, then at Mariya. "Oh, but those bubbles will keep you safe in the water, muses. Your brother would be glad to see you make it alive. Oh, yes… I must send the two of you into the water unscathed!"

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

I look between the two eyes, wondering which one to strike. The huge one rolls toward us, threatening to shove us backward into the whirlpool. It moves slowly enough that I can avoid being crushed as it rolls. Glaring at the little eye, I try to send a firework toward it.

[​IMG]

Reluctantly, I let the spell fizzle. Too risky to charge that one!

8. Legendary Sidekick

((I need to move Pidge so fighters can be seen, but I thought I'd post a mid-turn image.))

Pidge blasts the last barbed eye.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Only one target left!" Emma says as she kicks the large eye…
    [​IMG]
    …though not very hard. "I'd give that a three out of ten. Maybe a three and a half."

((EDIT - Don't be alarmed by the eye's closer position. That's where it will be next GM turn. I have all of the fighters near the eye, and Pidge will be closer to the wall so she's not blocking anyone.

You may have guessed you have to kill the big eye within a certain number of turns based on how far the eye moves each turn.))

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  9. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

[​IMG]
    Shan Mai swings but looks only to glance off the eye with little damage if any.

10. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

I sing the water song, as were Mother's instructions.

11. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera

"Holst!" I growl, knocking a robin. "You leave them pixies alone, yeh ugly pink-eyed lunatic!"

[​IMG]

12. Ruby

Ruby Auror

Fenella

[​IMG]

I've been taking a long time to make a move. Everything's a bit down really, including my golden dancing sword. I just kind of wave it at the eye and hope for the best!

13. Legendary Sidekick

Mariya's spell creates a water elemental in the shape of a large, muscular woman. The female form punches Holst.[​IMG]
    But, like every sword and arrow and fist, the watery creature's attack bounces off Holst harmlessly.

The eye rolls closer, pushing our heroes toward their doom…
    [​IMG]

"Puny mortals. Soon you will see the Other Side. You think Hell awaits? You know nothing. There is a paradise beyond your comprehension. Perhaps if I subdue you, more of you will survive the journey."

He casts a spell…
    [​IMG]
    …every one of our heroes feels the magic and sees a flash of yellow, but the magic is weak. No one is affected by the spell.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  14. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

In the flash of yellow light from Holst's attack, a vision enters my mind. A strangely-shaped building beside the sea... that must be the paradise Holst mentioned. Is it all a lie, to sway us to his will?

I have no time to dwell on that right now. I have an idea to keep us a little safer, but I'm not sure I can pull it off on my own. I make eye contact with Emma and give her a mental nudge. Help me lift the others over the whirlpool so Holst can't push us in!

Jei seems the most opportune person to help first. Fenella and Shan Mai will likely want to attack Holst at close range, especially the princess. I focus my telekinesis and try to lift Jei.

[​IMG]

Not quite strong enough. Emma! I could use a hand, please!

15. Legendary Sidekick

Emma senses Vincent's message…
    [​IMG]
    …but her telekinesis is not strong enough!

((Crap. She needed a 2 to succeed!))

"It's a good idea, Vincent, but I've had little practice using pure telekinesis."

Pidge fires…
    [​IMG]
    …a dud.

"What are you two trying to do?" she shouts over the sound of Muziko's singing.

16. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

I whisper to Pidge under Muziko's song. "Trying to get Jei safely across the whirlpool!"

17. Legendary Sidekick

Muziko hears Vincent's plan and releases her song.
    [​IMG]
    ((With the adrenaline and the charge, this is the bubble song at full power. Anyone who wants to cross the gap now can. If you attack AND cross, however, you'll be directly over the whirlpool on the next turn.))

"Great idea!" says Muziko as bubbles form around everyone.

Pidge uses the bubble to float toward the whirlpool. "I have a ranged attack if I stop firing duds, so I guess I should cross now."

The water elemental does not cross. It punches.
    [​IMG]

When the bubble forms around Jei, Emma says, "I think we can move her now."

((Jei can attack AND cross the whirlpool as long as Vincent and Emma are moving her. They were 1 point short, so I'd say the bubble spell lightens the load enough that Vincent's roll alone does the trick.))

Ireth likes this.
  18. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

I float toward the whirlpool and bring Jei along with me, hoping the others will take the hint and follow my lead for their safety's sake.

19. Ruby

Ruby Auror

Fenella

I'm determined to have one more attempt at destroying the enemy. After all, I am a warrior princess and my sword is one of the best, as powerful as the weapons wielded by the knights of King Arthur's round table. On a good day, my sword is invincible!

I lift up my golden dancing sword and, summoning all my strength, I charge at the enormous evil eye!

[​IMG]

Ah, it seems that today is a very good day for battle!

"Take that! And that!" I cry as my sword swings through the rank, filthy air.

Something is happening! I'm stronger that I'd thought as I succeed in thrusting my blade into the eye's myopic depths. It's looking bloodshot. It begins to shatter. Have I managed to destroy it?

I follow Vincent towards the whirlpool...

20. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Shan Mai swings again,
    [​IMG]
    The sword deflects off the eye with little or no obvious damage.
    [sorry missed the update.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.