1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Side One, Ep.2 "Double Dog Dare"

Discussion in 'Flat Earth' started by Legendary Sidekick, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

OLGA

Olga looks down at the thin,
    aurulent-hued man, runs her thick, hairy fingers along her chiseled, stubbly face and bats her eye.

"How strong do you want it?"

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Leaky Quiver (Reaver, Olga)

JJ
    replies, "I'll have the Saikyo Sake…" Again he tips Olga, quipping, "…and sacrifice another maiden for your service."

3. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Side-quest: "Barn Razing"

Our heroes spend most of the day exploring the Asahi Beach area.

Reaver meets an old friend at her establishment, just south of Asahi Beach. At one point he is interrupted by a man with incredible hearing. He doesn't say much, but what he says is enough to prompt Reaver to seek out PJ. Reaver obtains a weapon from a lifetime ago, and is on his way...

Pale Jackal obtains a weapon of his own, then heads to Pink's. He is contemplating the menu...

Diana and Fenella have already finished their meals. They take Beatrice back to Lara's shop. Diana's gown is not yet ready. Fenella sees a dress she can afford, though not without cutting into Mariya's half of her funds. She can also opt for a custom dress.

There are a lot more decorations up for Maiden's Day then there were only a few hours earlier. The shop has the scent of white lilies and cherry blossoms. Sakura petals are laid down at The Maiden's feet. That is, the shrine, though when Beatrice approaches the shrine she finds some petals on the floor before her. As Lara praises her goddess, unwittingly right in front of Her, Beatrice begins to blush. Hoping to change the subject, she asks if Lara has seen the giant fairy.

"Oh, yes!" Lara says. "I'm glad she was able to find some plants to clothe herself. I could not possibly afford to make a dress in her size. Now, if she were a normal fairy, I would only need to charge for the work. Pixies only require three percent of the material needed for a grown woman, and pixies tend to wear backless dresses with... immodest hems. Oh, but I would love to make a dress for a pixie."

Mariya learns some songs from Muziko. The ex-demon refuses to charge Mariya. Sister Annie notices this, but says little of the matter. She simply smiles as the muse and her 'evil twin' sing the same songs. When they finish, she says to Mariya, "A supernatural being took your form, too, I see."

Pidge offers tea to Mariya and Muziko. The tea is served in a strange device which resembles a tiny boat with legs.

Jeisera pours tea for Esmerelda, Addison and a little girl named Sage. Sage thanks Jei for sharing her find, and asks her grandmother if she can share as well. "It's called 'sage,' she says. Like me!"

Esmerelda offers Jei and her fairy friend a room for the night. "I call it 'The Greenhouse,'" she says. "Not the actual greenhouse."

The house she then points out is not glass. It is a stone building with ivy climbing the walls. At a glance, it appears that the ivy is literally climbing--moving--up the walls.

Addison apparently sees that as well. She says to Jei, "A trick o' the wind." Turning to Esmerelda, she adds, "uh...right?"

Esmerelda simply says, "It is an inn and I normally charge $200 a night. However, Jeisera, you and your fairy friend may stay for free since you seem to enjoy it here, and I know Big Riff will as well. Once she becomes Little Riff."

Riff and Shan Mai are both hard at work at the dojo. Master Dan V is impressed with Shan Mai.

"That was quite a workout," he says. "I believe your attack and defense are now much stronger. The next to cross your path will regret forcing you to unsheathe your blade. Use it justly, and you will have no regrets."

Master Dan IV rolls his eyes at his son's attempt at sounding teacherly, though from what Shan Mai has gathered in his time at the dojo is that Dan V has surpassed his father as Dan IV surpassed his and so on. "Dan VI really has his work cut out for him," quipped Dan III at one point.

But for the most part, Master Dan III has been focused on Riff, who is only half as oversized as she was when the chaos began.

As Dan III is praising her for her work, some men come running to the giant fairy. One mumbles to another, "Damn...I remembered her being taller," but the foreman pays them no mind.

"My Lady," he says. He pauses, then bows as if before a goddess. "Something big is happening at Barney's. He's a hermit, but... he's been making some moonshine and--"

There is a loud rumbling to the west.

"--that's where I was eventually going with, what I think is a purty int'resting story." The faces of the other lumberjacks imply otherwise. "Well, whatever's happening, it's big. You're big. Would you mind having a look?"

Vincent's attempts at Angel Fire are unsuccessful at first. However, Emma is patient, and continues with the lesson until she is certain that Vincent understands the technique.

Minutes after the rumbling, a man runs by and tells Emma to "ring the bells!"

She sighs, "I have an appointment in one hour." With a wave of her hand, she rings her bell. But she's not the only one. Soon bells are ringing on every corner of the town.

People begin to converge at the dojo...

((Please gather your characters together, so we're all in one place.

Fenella and Mariya can roll for food bonuses, and
    PJ can specify what he ate and roll as well.
    If Shan Mai purchased his wakizashi, please specify.))

4. SeverinR

SeverinR Vala

Shan Mai will purchase the Wakizashi($100). Then will follow the group towards the west. If there is a time and space, he will practice the double quick draw of swords, and the quick draw with just the Wakizashi.

5. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Archmage

Mariya giggles at Muziko's leaf-dodge. "It's beautiful." When Pidge hands her the strange tea-drinking device, she takes a sip. Mmm.
    [​IMG]
    ((if only that could have happened on a spell D: ))

6. Legendary Sidekick

((@Severin, special quickdraw techniques only work with the katana. However, once the katana is drawn you can use the wakizashi on any turn. The wakizashi allows you the option of attacking two opponents instead of one, as long you roll a 10+.

@Noma, the tea was sweetened. Mariya is on a sugar high!))

Noma Galway likes this.
  7. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

I blink as a man runs past and speaks to Ms. Bison, then look around in confusion as the tolling of bells fills the air. It has to be an alarm of some sort. "What's going on?"

I hope someone alerts Diana to this. Then again, Fenella and Beatrice are with her, and they'd certainly know.

Everyone seems to be gathering at the dojo. I hurry to join them, worry coiling in the pit of my stomach. I wasn't expecting to have the chance or the need to perform my new skills in a real battle THIS soon!

8. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera

“Thanks Ms. Esmerelda for all your hospitality. We’ll definitely take you up on that kind offer. Speaking of the little meddler, I’m gonna see how she fairs...” I turn to the red-haired huntress. “Addison, would ya like to meet my sis while she’s still big and terrifying?”

Riff

Master Dan III praised me for a good job, though It was me who wrecked the dojo to begin with. The carpenters fixed up the walls so well you couldn’t tell I had gone and popped out like a mind-addled gopher. Honestly, I’m afraid if I lean or something the whole building might magically tumble over...so I’m careful to stay out of people’s way.

I’m half my original height now, goodness am I glad it’s almost over. I want to go frolicking, durn it!

Suddenly, these men come hurrying over who I recognize are the Foreman and a few lumberjacks from the yard. Then he bows and calls me a “Lady”. Phewww, my head could spin! Me? A Lady? Now I’m doubly embarrassed! Somehow, I don't think Lady's are so destructive, nor partial to eye-popping spectacles. As they explain things, though, I listen intently.

Sounds bad. Hermits and moonshine.

“Well, emm, If you think I can help...then, by all means I shall.”

From the corner of my eye, I spot Jei.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  9. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Diana

In the midst of browsing through Lara's lovely dresses, I catch a glimpse through the window of people running. I move closer to see. They're heading for a dojo, where a crowd has already started to gather. Tilting my head, I wave the others over. What could be happening there?

10. Legendary Sidekick

At the Dojo

Addison gladly accepts Jei's offer. She looks up at Riff. "I always thought a giant person would have muscles." She walks right up to the fairy and stands toe to toe with her. Looking straight up, she says, "You're pretty." She laughs. "Now I know what it's like to be you. No wonder fairies fly away when I get close to'em. But I know you ain't gonna do harm, cause I don't mean no harm when I try and talk to fairies meself. I just think fairies're pretty flying around like that, and I just wanna tell'em so. So I told you."

The lumberjack foreman has mixed feelings about the crowd, as most are unarmed and well dressed. The first non-giants who look useful in a fight finally show up, and now there's this weird girl talk.

"Yeah, yeah, fairies're pretty, even tall ones. Great. So... now I'm hearing she ain't gonna stay that big, and might turn itty bitty. That ain't no good. So... I think it best we git moving, and... if anyone's not afeard of giants, then them anyoneses oughtta come long. I heared some funny grumblings at Barney's. He ain't alone."

The lumberjacks wait a little longer for others to show, then they wave Riff along.

"We best git now, I s'pose."

11. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Riff

“Phew, why thank you...I do, I do.” I reply, so red I could burn to cinders. “It’s very nice to meet you.”

Jeisera

“This is Addison, I met her at Esmerelda’s place. What’s this I hear? Gotten into more mischief, aye?” I laugh. Looks like we’re going on another crazy adventure!

Turning, surveying the crowd, an odd group of wanderers approach. They seem keen on lending a hand to these drunken hermits too.

Seeing how this biz at Barney’s sounds troublesome, though the lumberjacks won’t say what, I figure we can use all the people we can. We're probably going to break up a brawl. Yeah. Who knows how ferocious those hermits are? Being one myself, until recently, I can say we’re quite feisty when intoxicated! Methinks introductions are in order!

“Aye, hello! I’m Jei and this is my little sis, Riff.” Says I. “Normally, she isn’t so blasted tall…I'd watch out for any pesky mushrooms, that's what started this whole mess ya know! Grr, anyway thanks for coming to help."

12. Legendary Sidekick

Muziko introduces herself. "I'm Muziko! And this is Mariya!" She looks back, realizing she only assumed Mariya followed. She looks up at Addy's curly mop of hair and asks, "Can I sit on your head?"

Addy replies. "Well… can't say no one's ever asked me that before."

The lumberjack scratches his head. "So… should the biggest lead the way or…?"

((Tell me where you fall in line. I'll deal with "contractions" as I see fit.))

13. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Diana

From the look of things, a fight's about to start. I turn to Beatrice, kneeling to be more level with her as I sign. I think you should stay here. I know you're more than you seem, but even so you should stay out of danger if you can. And I'll do my best to keep that danger from coming to you.

I kiss her forehead, hug her, then take up my sword and shield and hurry to reach the dojo.

Vincent is already there, behind the giant fairy and a human huntress. I move to the front of the group, the better to be a shield for the rest. Well, except the fairy. I doubt I can protect more than her feet and ankles.

14. Ruby

Ruby Auror

Fenella: [​IMG]

I decide to buy the custom made dress. It's purple and gold. My favourite colours. I've not got time to have one made and need to save some money for meals and learning skills. I look for Diana to see if she's okay.

15. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Riff

"Well, I'll lead since I'm afraid of stepping on people." A woman with a sword and shield swiftly moves to the front. "Oh my! B-Be careful! Be wary of my big clumsy feet!"

Being tall is scary, now that the roles are reversed I don't know how big people are so spry. I do feel better though, I'm not the type to go charging in. Not like Jei, anyway.

Jeisera

"No worries." I say. "I've got your back."

16. Legendary Sidekick

((@Ruby, food FX: -1 damage from enemies, and enemies bleed, losing 1HP per turn from some attacks -- same roll as Diana and same food and drink, so same FX;
    Custom gown - Lara takes Fenella's measurements and will make sure it fits perfectly. You can pick it up, um… after I draw it. Hahahahaha?

Jumping ahead now. I'll give a day or two to RP, if you'd like, then put Barney's on the map.))

[​IMG]

Our heroes begin to move deep into the woods with the foremen and lumberjacks.

"Now we should find ourselves at Barney's in a few," says the foreman. "No need to sneak around. Barney ain't going no place, so… intros, then. I'm George, and these are two of my finest lumberjacks, Paul and Babe."

Reaver likes this.
  17. Ruby

Ruby Auror

((Hi Legendary Sidekick, I just posted that Fenella wants the cheaper dress! She wants to save money for other things and not have to wait around to have it made! :D I've said she wants purple and gold btw.))

18. JRFLynn

JRFLynn Sage

Jeisera

"I'm Jei." I say, searching the woods with a steely eye.

Riff

"Phew, I'm Riff." I don't like this dreadful tension. It's unnerving, but I muster a smile. "Pleased to meet you."

19. Ireth

Ireth Myth Weaver

Vincent

"Vincent Hawk," I respond to the foreman. "And the Shieldmaiden in blue is my wife Diana. If you wish to speak to her, make sure she can read your lips. She's deaf."

20. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

"I am Reaver. Nice to make your acquaintance, George. You as well Paul and Babe."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.