1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Side One, Ep.2 "Double Dog Dare"

Discussion in 'Flat Earth' started by Legendary Sidekick, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noma Galway

    Noma Galway Archmage

    943
    163
    43
    I hop up and down on Fenella's shoulder. "Yepyep my name's Mariya!" I giggle.
     
  2. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,825
    2,954
    413
    Muziko laughs. "Oh! That looks so fun! Giddyup, Huntress!"

    Addy mutters, "I think those two have known each other for a long time. We just met."

    Muziko calms down.

    Addison says, "I didn't say stop."

    Muziko decides to stop anyway. She says, "I met everyone here, but this soft-haired lady is Addison Lane."
     
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  3. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,825
    2,954
    413
    Barney's

    [​IMG]

    After a few minutes of becoming acquainted with the group, everyone sees a barn up ahead. There's no fertile land, nor are there animals. Paul explains that the forest just grew around it, and Barney holes up inside.

    George looks the sizable coup over. He says, "Welp, I'm happy to have y'all here. Seems thing've quieted a bit, though." He approaches the door. "S'pose I best knock."
     
    Reaver likes this.
  4. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,825
    2,954
    413
    Addison moves toward the hay stack, hoping she can hole up and remain unnoticed, should someone hostile emerge. As she steps forward, Muziko sings.

    [​IMG]

    Addison says to Muziko, "Very cute, and don't get me wrong, I like you sitting in my hair. It's just that I need to be completely silent right now."

    Muziko releases the bubble around Addison, then explains, "If you go on your own, this will help you." She flits over to Fenella as Addison moves…

    [​IMG]
    ((Addy's in Stealth Mode - you can see her, of course, but she moves in complete silence))

    …like a true Huntress.

    My name means 'Awesome Warrior,' she reminds herself.
     
    Ireth likes this.
  5. Ireth

    Ireth Myth Weaver

    11,095
    1,563
    313
    Vincent

    I stay still, watching Addison move forward. Perfect stealth -- a true Huntress. I like to think Ariel is learning to do just that right now.

    My gaze flicks to Fenella for a moment. I still haven't had the chance to learn from her... I hope she uses a Battle Song during this fight. Maybe I can learn by watching and listening. A crash course, so to speak. Perhaps the Voice will aid me there.

    Diana

    I keep my eyes forward, my shield at the ready. I don't know what's out there, or inside that barn, but I want to be ready for it. And may the Father help me protect my friends and allies.
     
  6. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,825
    2,954
    413
    [​IMG]

    George knocks on the barn door. "Hey, Barney? It's me, your old pal, George."

    Paul moves to the door on the right saying, "Babe and I are with bossman, Mr. Needle. We're not here to make trouble. Just concerned is all.

    While most of our heroes are focused on the barn doors, Mariya can plainly see that Muziko is studying Addison's every move. She crouches behind Fenella's crown, imitating the way Addison sinks into the haystack. To Mariya, the former demoness whispers, "She's really quiet for a big person."

    What's not quiet in the inside of the barn. Grunts and snorts can be heard inside.

    "False alarm," Babe says with relief. "Looks like Barney gots some pig to keep him comp'ny."
     
    Reaver likes this.
  7. Ireth

    Ireth Myth Weaver

    11,095
    1,563
    313
    Vincent

    I shake my head, eyes narrowing, and move to stand beside Diana. This doesn't seem right. If I can, I'll try to look into the mind of who- or whatever is behind those doors. It might be an animal, it might be a human... or it might be something else entirely.

    There are a lot of thoughts in that barn. Too many for one mind.

    "That's no pig!" I say. "It's a mob! Be careful!"
     
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  8. JRFLynn

    JRFLynn Sage

    297
    50
    28
    Jeisera

    Something doesn’t feel right, but I’m amazed by Addison. Like a master, she merges perfectly with the barn’s haystack. Must’ve sensed them first, awesome warrior that she is.

    Pulling out my bow, in one fluid snap I knock an arrow and draw the string back to my ear.

    Nothing is right about these odd snorts. Should go snuk-snuk, not gup-gup!

    “Aye! He’s right!” I growl, tensing up. I don’t know what game this is, but soon they’ll be squealing for real! “Pigs they ain't!”
     
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  9. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,825
    2,954
    413
    [​IMG]

    Jeisera readies an arrow. Addison fires one from her bow-gun—but she aims at the roof over her head.[​IMG]
    A rope follows her arrow, which hits its mark. She reels herself up to the rooftop. Not a board creaks from her weight.

    Down below, the lumberjacks tense up at the warning. One of the barn doors slides open. It's dark, but George's old eyes see enough.

    "Skulls?"

    He sees the skulls move as if they're walking.

    "Masks, bossman," says Paul.

    "Some kinda pigmy head hunters?" Babe wonders aloud.
     
  10. Ireth

    Ireth Myth Weaver

    11,095
    1,563
    313
    Vincent

    "Pants!" I growl, recalling the once clear thought I was able to discern from the mob. We take their skulls and make them pants. Not today, pigface.

    It's very tempting to set the barn on fire before our enemies can get out, but that would endanger Addison as well. Not to mention the risk of lighting the whole forest on fire. I hope my Angel Fire is less flammable against wood than flesh.
     
  11. JRFLynn

    JRFLynn Sage

    297
    50
    28
    Riff

    "Oh my! Pants?!" I cry, completely oblivious.

    Jeisera

    "That's not good." I mutter. Not masks...but pants? I just keep steady, though my heart's bouncing like mad. Jumpier than a skitter-bug, the moments drag.

    Those pansies! They're waiting to see if we’re dumb enough to waltz on in, so they can make pants out of us too!

    “Come out, you piggies!” I release a blue-jay arrow, just to scare 'em…

    [​IMG]

    I let it fly, but my clammy, blistered hands make a muck of things. The arrow strikes the door frame and scares poor George rather than the Pygmies.

    "Erh, Sorry!"
     
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  12. Reaver

    Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

    3,107
    1,116
    163
    I look over at Pale Jackal: "It appears that history is about to repeat itself. Shall we?"

    With my naginata at the ready, I move swiftly toward the barn door.
     
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  13. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,825
    2,954
    413
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Reaver approaches the barn door just behind Jei's arrow. Five orcs spill out through the door. In a flash, George and Paul are struck. George is saved by his bubble, which prompts another orc to carry him.

    The pink haired orc contemplates Babe and Reaver as targets, but his flailing claws strike neither.

    Addison is on the rooftop, ready to fire…


    ((Next GM post on Monday.))
     
  14. Ireth

    Ireth Myth Weaver

    11,095
    1,563
    313
    Diana

    Orcs pour out of the barn. I lunge at the nearest of them, but--

    [​IMG]

    --my attack is less than intimidating.

    Vincent

    The orc-mob burst out of the barn. I try to focus, channeling my energy. Maybe I can hit all of them with Angel Fire, if I'm strong enough...

    [​IMG]

    Not nearly. I can only reach the pink-haired orc with a less-than-impressive punch, sans fire. Focus, man!

    ((What is with me and these failures lately? >_<))
     
  15. JRFLynn

    JRFLynn Sage

    297
    50
    28
    Riff

    Hideous orcs spill out of the barn. I know Jei wants me to stay safe, but I must help! I try to stomp the pink one nearest me.

    [​IMG]

    Jeisera

    Blessed Woodsman, please let this hit. I’m going after that red piggy that’s got George! I knock a robin arrow, pull and release.

    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  16. Reaver

    Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

    3,107
    1,116
    163
    A pink haired orc stands in front of me and I can't help but wonder if this foul beast is a relative of an orc I'd slain months ago named Pink Floyd.

    [​IMG]

    I'm a bit out of practice with my naginata, but I land a solid hit nonetheless.
     
  17. Noma Galway

    Noma Galway Archmage

    943
    163
    43
    I try to sing, but my voice wavers, and I collapse into giggles.
    [​IMG]
    ((no charge for me!))
     
    Legendary Sidekick likes this.
  18. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,825
    2,954
    413
    Muziko

    I hear Mariya laughing. "Oh, you're so happy despite the situation! Let me sing for us both."

    I sing the Double Bubble song!
    [​IMG]
    The bubble is already around me and the princess. I touch Mariya to put a bubble on her as well, and tell the silly muse, "Can you make this princess giddy-up? I want to be on the front line giving bubbles to all!"
     
  19. Ruby

    Ruby Auror

    1,135
    299
    83
    Fenella: I sense the bubble around me. We are living in dangerous times, but I'm brave, I'm not afraid. I ask my muse what she thinks we should do. We move forward...

    [​IMG]
     
  20. Legendary Sidekick

    Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

    9,825
    2,954
    413
    ((I know I said the GM post would be tomorrow, but since PJ and Shan Mai can't reach the surviving orcs, I'll move ahead now so their characters can get in on the action.))

    [​IMG]

    Reaver thrusts his naginata into the nearest orc not realizing that the fairy behind him is stepping over him to attack the same target. SPLAT. Riff's feet are covered in orc blood, as is most of Reaver's face and clothing.

    George panics as he's lifted overhead, but Jei's arrow saves the old man, who is harmlessly tossed aside into a haystack as the arrow grazes the orc's arm. Babe clubs the orc with the butt of his axe, but Fenella's blade does more damage than both attacks combined. The orc falls face first into the haystack… not that he has much of a face left after being struck by the amazon princess' mighty blow. Paul strikes the very orc that hit him. The orc is wounded, but not for long, thanks to Addison's rooftop sniping.

    [TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD]Addison Lane: 1D20 => 8[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD]Muziko: 1D20 => 17[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD]Paul: 1D20 => 12[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD]Babe: 1D20 => 9[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD]George: 1D20 => 4 #Dont piss pants[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 150"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 26"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [​IMG]
    ((Disregard the first 18; Fenella killed the red orc, and that's his roll.))

    More orcs come out of the barn. Two come from from behind the barn, attempting to be stealthy. Shan Mai, PJ and Jei can easily see the orange-haired orc. The blue haired orc remains behind the barn, unable to see the people he's attempting to sneak up on, though Addison can see him easily from her side of the roof.

    The yellow haired orc throws a mighty punch, which almost hits Diana in the mouth. She raises she shield, but not quickly enough. Yet, the orc's arm barely brushes against her shield, and the very touch of it encases him in ice!

    Paul easily deflects an attack from the greenest of the orcs. The indigo-haired orc bites Riff in the leg, while the aqua-haired orc whiffs at Reaver, missing as he is preoccupied with keeping a distance from the great fairy. She does not seem to have been harmed by what should have been a devastating attack.

    Inside the barn, a voice grumbles, "And stay out, ya big green…"
     
    JRFLynn and Reaver like this.
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page