• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Sincerely, a lost writer

Coal Glitter

Hi everyone. I don't think I even deserve to call myself a writer, considering I've barely written anything. I have one unsuccessful fanfic and too much imagination to spare. I will try to grow writing as my new hobby and free time activity. I always wanted to write, but nothing ever became of it. If you have any tips, throw them right at me. I am at the beginning of my journey, so maybe this lack of confidence will pass one day. Looking forward to everything.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Howdy Coal Glitter. Welcome here.

Nothing more has to become of writing, or anything you do, than that you enjoy doing it. For many of us, there great satisfaction in having completed a story, saleable or not. And no one gets that feeling without putting in the work. Put on the work and youll stop asking will i pass one day.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well-met Coal Glitter
Good to have you here
For me, writing is a journey, maybe one without a destination. I just like writing.

Hi! It really depends on what you want to get out of your writing. Some people enjoy just writing a scene which pops into their head every now and then. They just sit down to write whenever they feel like it. Others want to write longer stories. Most of those people benefit from having a routine, where they write with a certain frequency (for instance, 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week).

The main thing I've found, is that everyone has their own process. What works for some people doesn't work for others. So try a lot of different things, keep what works, discard the rest. And don't believe anyone who tells you there is only 1 way to do things.

Gurkhal

Auror
Try to get writing done. Every day. That's my tip.

You don't, in my opinion and experience, need to plan in a session of hours in lenght. A single line or word every day is infinitely better than nothing and you will move forward even if its at a slow pace. Some days you may write a ton and some days barely anything. But try to do something every day. If you make writing a bit every day part of your routine, and if you're like me, you'll start to get moving and keep some momentum forward.

And one day you will probably find that you have a story in front of you, writen by yourself.