• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Sites for blogging

Addison

Auror
I have recently undergone a liberating experience. Not to go into details but now I can stretch my wings to their fullest and soar off! Whee!

But I've hit a little turbulence. I want to start a blog, I'll make a website when something's actually published. But which site is better and free? I know about wordpress, and that a blog is like a journal for the world to see. Any information on other blog sites and blogging tips would be very much appreciated.

TWErvin2

Auror
I keep a blog via BlogSpot. (Up Around the Corner).

BlogSpot and Wordpress seem to be the two main contenders in the blog arena and both are free.

As far as blogging--whatever you would like. Some people have a focus, others not so much. I think, however, the regular posting is important, or any generated interest tends to wane.

I post some about writing, author interviews, artists/narrators on occasion, discuss things in the news--often related to writing or publishing, but generally anything else I find interesting. It works for me, but such a wide array of topics may not work for you--or maybe it's not wide enough.

What I've often heard is that WordPress is far better than BlogSpot. But that especially, you want to get your own web domain (that is, an address that's completely yours without "wordpress" or "blogspot" in it, and pay for it), with a service like Bluehost that lest you run WordPress through it-- this gives you an address that's less cluttered, and saves you from an outside service like Wordpress deciding to cancel your blog over a misunderstanding.

And, I always recommend Your Writer Platform | Book Marketing Tips and Strategies for Authors as the complete source for writing blog advice. If what you need isn't on there... it will be soon.