• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Snow White and the Huntsman

Phayes

Dreamer
Has anyone else seen the preview for, "Snow White and the Huntsman"? I'd like to know what everyone thinks of it. It certainly has the look and feel of really well done film fantasy. I'm also aware that these types of things have and impeccable ability to fall on their faces.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY67V0wOlz8 (embed fail.)

Last edited:
I think it looks a hell of a lot better than the other Snow White movie that's scheduled to come out.

Not that you can necessarily tell based on the trailers, but "Snow White and the Huntsman" looks like it could possibly be good, whereas "Mirror, Mirror"'s trailer is full of lame puns and obvious jokes.

I was really excited to see it until I realized Kristen Stewart was in it. Her acting is positively flat. I'll probably still see it, though. Since I'm going in pre-disappointed I figure I can't help but be pleasantly surprised.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I saw this trailer recently and it looks like Charlize Theron will carry the whole movie. Kristen Stewart is incapable of making any expression other than "bored." Even when she's wearing plate mail and swinging a sword, she looks bored. Maybe she'll prove me wrong. Looks like it could be a cool reboot.

Aravelle

Sage
I can't WAIT for this. I heard and saw blips at Comic Con... I know most people don't, but I do like Kristen. She has more facial expressions than people think, and I'd like to see how she does in this. Regardless of her acting, the plot and graphics alone will be worth the money.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
It looks interesting. I can't say I'm a huge Kristen Stewart fan after seeing her in Twilight, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe her acting has actually improved. (Though her being "fairest of them all" is REALLY a matter of opinion.)

I despise Twilight and everything it stands for, but I like Kristen Stewart, and SWATH looks like it could be good. I'm not predisposed against it, anyway. We'll see how the reviews go.

Saigonnus

Auror
I don't find Kristen Stewart to be a good choice for the Protagonist, I have never really liked her as an actress and she's definitely doesn't have the "Fairest one of all" down... but likely I will find some excuse to watch it, since I do love the fantasy genre and even the wifey was impressed with the trailer. As most people know (but may not care) that the trailers are always the juiciest bits of the movie and often are the ONLY good parts in a movie, making them flop in the box office.

Mindfire

Istar
Sorry folks, it reminds me of that garbage red riding hood movie, i.e. another attempt to turn a classic fairy-tale into a new way to cash-in on the twilight fanbase. Hate. It.

Aravelle

Sage
Sorry folks, it reminds me of that garbage red riding hood movie, i.e. another attempt to turn a classic fairy-tale into a new way to cash-in on the twilight fanbase. Hate. It.

The difference with this is that its not focusing so much on sex appeal. Red Riding Hood REEKED of twilight, regardless of the actors. They both were stunning visually, but this one seems more.. empowering? It reminded me of a fantasy Joan of Arc.

I saw Mirror, Mirror a couple times and thoroughly enjoyed that movie. Very fun. Lily Collins does great as Snow White and Julia Roberts is downright amazing as the wicked queen.

I'm going to see The Huntsman simply for Charlize Theron. :) I am not a Kristen Stewart fan at all.

It was interesting that Lily Collins was turned down for the role in the Hunstman because Kristen Stewart had a lot more star appeal. But I loved Collins in Mirror. Stewart? Meh...

I don't get a Twilight vibe from SWATH at all. Just because K-Stew's in it doesn't do that. (Ever see The Runaways?) SWATH looks like a dark action movie; nothing about the trailers are obvious warning signs, though.

Aravelle

Sage
I agree with Ben.

Honestly never saw Snow White looking like Lily Collins. I saw her with long black waves and curls with bright coloured eyes. Kristen basically fits that- although I could think of other, "fairer" choices. She's not going to make the movie suck. People are so damn harsh on her. :/

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have watched Snow White and the Huntsman yesterday after waiting impatiently for many days, and now I can say to everyone here that I really liked this movie!!

It's a great story about a medieval-fantasy world packed with action, creatures, stunning landscapes and Magic, honestly I was not expecting to find so much supernatural element in this movie and, at least in my opinion, this is not just a fairytale movie but a true Fantasy movie on its own right =)

I recommend you all to watch it if you have not done so already...

Queen Ravenna seems to me more evil and more magically powerful than the White Witch from the Narnia movie, and it's great that, for the final battle, the story did not need an army of a million riders to have a great and epic end.

Endymion

Troubadour
It was a pretty good movie. Thor was really good, so was the queen. Stewart was, well Stewart (which is a good thing for Stewart fans but not a good thing for the others).