• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

So long and thanks for all the fish

Russ

Istar
I have decided it is time for me to move on from Mythic Scribes.

If I have not finished something I promised to do for you, owe you money or a drink, or if you just want to stay in touch or perhaps get a drink together at a con sometime, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will give you an e mail address where you can get in touch with me. I will be checking my PMs for about two weeks or so.

Best

Russ

Chessie2

Staff
Article Team
Sorry to see you go, Russ. I've always enjoyed reading your perspective. Good luck to you and your wife in both of your writing careers and life. Take care.

pmmg

Myth Weaver
Sorry to see you go, Russ, but thanks for all your contributions. I think there is a time for all of us when things change and its time to move on. Good luck with your future writing and self.

I wish you would stay. I might not always agree with you, but I value your opinions and the insight you bring from publishing insiders. You will be sorely missed. If there is any way to get you to change your mind, please let us know what it is. Maybe you just need to take a break from the place and can come back later? In any case, best of wishes to you and your wife and both your writing careers.

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
For sure we will miss you Russ. You always had so much insight and up to date knowledge about what was happening out there. I wish you and your wife the best!

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I'm sorry to hear it, Russ. Thank you for all your many contributions and discussions. I trust you'll find all the best of fortune with your writing.

Nimue

Auror
That's a shame, Russ, you're always full of knowledge and well-spoken opinion, and your voice will be missed. Best wishes out there!

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Hi, Russ. Thanks for your participation here. Best wishes to you and your wife. I hope to see you around again.

Tom

Istar
Sad to see you go, Russ. You've been around to lend an ear and some much-needed advice as long as I've been here. Good luck to you and your wife in all your endeavors.

Russ

Istar
Thank you all for the kind wishes for myself and my wife.

Just a quick update on my wife, her paperback comes out today and she is also getting on a plane for Memphis to do signings and promotions at the American Booksellers Association gathering in Memphis. Her publisher offered her the choice of taking this trip to Memphis to promote or to go to Shotshow in Las Vegas where she did some very successful promotion last year. She chose Memphis this year.

Now you may be asking yourself...why is he saying all this stuff about his wife's success as he is heading out the door?

The answer is simple. My wife, though immensely hard working and talented, puts on her pants one leg at a time. I also think everyone who posted on this thread can achieve the same kind of success if that is what they desire. I know writing can be a hard, lonely, process, but besides the internal personal rewards it offers, once it starts working the publishing world can be very warm and kind to people, and just a plain old lot of fun. Knowing that often keeps me writing when I could go turn on the hockey game or take a nap, and I hope it can provide you with a little inspiration from time to time too.

And to Chessie in particular, there is no reason you cannot be the next Lexi Blake. I know you have it in you.

Ban

Troglodytic Trouvère
Article Team
I'm holding hope out that the future will pull you back into the Mythic Scribes life, like one of many movie mobsters who try to leave the family. If not, good luck buddy and have fun doing canadian things.

Demesnedenoir

Myth Weaver
It is a sorry thing to see Russ leave these forums, but he’s left a lot of good information behind. I look forward to reading his wife’s second book, and who knows, maybe catching him in the Con circuit someday, LOL.

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
I will miss your insight and perspective.

Best of luck and happy wishes. I hope this windy road of life comes back around this way one day.