1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

Stephen Fry will be in The Hobbit!

Discussion in 'Film & Television' started by Black Dragon, May 19, 2011.

1. Black Dragon

Black Dragon Staff Administrator

Peter Jackson has just announced that legendary actor Stephen Fry has been cast as the Master of Laketown.

Being a huge fan of Fry since his Blackadder days, I couldn't be more thrilled. This is brilliant casting.

Your thoughts?

2. ade625

ade625 Scribe

I wouldn't have pictured Stephen Fry in that role, but then again, he's done some excellent serious acting in the past. I imagine he'll do well.

I love Blackadder, but A Bit of Fry and Laurie has to be my personal favourite of his comedy stuff.

3. Kate

Kate Troubadour

I was so excited when I heard this yesterday. He's perfect! Maaaannnn I can't wait for this movie!

4. Dwarven Gold

Dwarven Gold Minstrel

Stephen Fry is good and all, but when is Warwick Davis going to be cast in this film!?

5. M.A.N.

M.A.N. Scribe

Stephen Fry is not only a brilliant actor and director, a powerful force in the computing world, but he's also a very, very good author.
    Both "The Hippopotamus" and "The Stars Tennisballs" are excellent. The latter is actually The Count of Monte Christo set in our time.
    But it's been maybe thirty years since I read "The Hobbit". So I have no idea who the Master of Laketown is.

6. JoanofArch

JoanofArch Scribe

If Fry wasn't in the film it would be a crime. Though I have to admit, I don't quite remember what the Master of Laketown is...