• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Story swap?

Smaug

Dreamer
Hi all,

I have written a story that is perhaps too long for this forum: 12k words. However, I would dearly like some feedback, particularly about the writing style as I am fairly new to writing.

Understanding that 12k words is a significant time investment, I would be very happy to do a story swap: if you have a piece of writing of a similar length that you would like feedback on, then I'll spend some time on it and give you some detailed comments.

1-line synopsis: adventure tale set in mythical Ancient Greece, which also serves as a prologue to my novel.

Leave me message on here or send me a PM if you are interested!

Many thanks,

Smaug

Chilari

Staff
I'm interested. I love ancient Greece. In fact, I'm doing a masters degree in it.

I don't have anything of a similar length I require feedback on at the moment, but I probably will by the end of the week as I have just started on something.

I should warn you though, I won't have a huge amount of spare time until early June, at which point I won't have a huge amount of internet access; but I can print off what you send and read it while I'm on holiday and give feedback when I return, if you don't mind waiting til about June 10th or 11th.

balthore

Scribe
I'm always up for reading something new by another writer. Shoot me a PM and we can arrange an exchange or something like it.

Smaug

Dreamer
Success! Thank you both - PMs sent. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

Artless

Minstrel
I don't have anything to trade, but I'm a HUGE fan of classical ancient history, and always willing to read something set in ancient Greece/Rome.
I have a reasonable amount of knowledge of the period, and non-fiction texts to draw further information from if need be.
I'd be more than happy to read your work :)

Behelit

Troubadour
I believe I understand the idea behind your post and feel it is most appropriate in the Writing Questions section. Showcase is strictly for posting your material.

Normally I'd be willing to help out, but I will be absent most of the month of June for my annual military training. I'm still willing to look through it for you, but it might be a while before I get back to you on it.