• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Sup

Meteora

Dreamer
Hi there.

I'm new here, obviously. I'll try to keep my introduction hopefully short and simple. I began writing [terrible] stories online about 9 years ago when I was 11 (I'm 20 right now). Began seriously roleplaying when I was 13, loved writing though it always was a on and off affair for me. Too many writer's blocks and I usually focused on niche genres (nation RP) that didn't have a huge member base. Quit doing it after I graduated maybe two years ago. I still am a terrible writer, I get pissed off at myself for not being good enough writing.

I found this site from roleplaygateway.com while I was looking for a political RP because I've been itching to get back into the groove of writing part-time. Found this place and was amazed by its sheer activity, though later disappointed finding out that the Mythic Archipelago isn't necessary a nation RP. At least its world building, a term that I just found out today (thanks Wikipedia). I honestly can't find anything else after some soul searching on the internet, so I guess I'll have to settle with this.

Anyways I should wrap it up. Probably contrary to a bunch of writers I actually hate reading books, for example I've never read any J. R. R. Tolkien works (nor watched the LOTR films). I only skimmed a bit of the Hobbit and that was only literally 30-40 pages. I get most of my inspirations from visual art, music, history and video games. Outside of writing, I love creating or modifying existing art assets (aka shamelessly stealing work). I have non-professional experience in graphic design and am currently enrolled in a program learning 3D modelling and animation.

That was probably longer than I should have wrote. Anyways hopefully I can stay put on a site for a while for once instead of jumping ships all the time.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Meteora [just a touch of the Tolkienesque for you]
Pull up a chair and join in the craic.
There is usually a fairly wide ranging scope of topics going on.

Xaysai

Inkling
Hello, Meteora!

I'm a terrible writer, too! But the good news is we can all learn to write better, which is why I came here!

As for not reading, some would argue that not reading while you write is a good way to find your own voice. As for Tolkien, I am not a huge fan of his writing. I watched the movies and found the action scenes to be great, but also found there to be way too many snoozefests in between them.

Welcome to Mythic Scribes! I hope you enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing your work (should you choose to post it!)

Dan

Meteora

Dreamer
Thanks for the greeting guys.

You may have a point Xaysai, though I doubt my own "voice" is unique haha.