• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Supervillain Corner, the Podcast

I'm not sure if this belongs in Self-Promotion, as it isn't really a novel or a story. So, I won't feel bad if the mods decide to trash it. But here goes!

I write, produce and perform a weekly podcast called Supervillain Corner.

It's a short audio advice column for up-and-coming supervillains, henchpeople and minions. Each episode is around 10 minutes in length and represents about 1000 words of original speculative fiction. It mostly falls under superhero/comic book style fiction or sci-fi, but there are elements of fantasy as well. (Particularly with the character 'Chao-mancer'.)

I started the show as a way to keep myself constantly writing and it's helped immensely. And it's a lot of fun writing silly stories and recording myself doing silly voices.

If you'd like to check it out, and let me know your thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Chilari

Staff
This is precisely the sort of thing self-promotion is for. Sounds like a great idea, and a great way to keep writing. Accountability is a strong motivator. Best of luck with it.

Dreamhand

Troubadour
Let me add my voice in support of the good Professor's endeavors. In creating and maintaining Supervillain Corner, he has not only spawned an entertaining podcast (adding to the goodness of the podosphere), but has created a superb "self-workshop". In developing content for the podcast, he's refining his writing and the discipline to continue producing work. Also, because the podcast is by and about the same fictional character, he has an on-going exploration of character development that's utterly unique.

Back me up here, Professor, but I'll wager you discover several gaffs and grammatical/phrasing flubs in the process of reading your work out loud. Time and again, we hear on the Roundtable about authors whose second or third editing and revision pass consists of reading their work out loud. It's a superb practice for gauging pacing, dialog authenticity, and general proofreading (plus it's great fun).

I encourage everyone to give a listen to Brainfever's show. It's a quick trip (unlike the Roundtable... oy), entertaining, and might just inspire you to your own vocal endeavors (in private or *gasp*) in your own podcast. ;)