• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Talisman: The Magical Quest Game

CharlieDay

Scribe
I was just wondering if anyone on here has played Talisman (any of the 4 editions). If so, what do you think?

I just ordered the latest edition by Fantasy Flight Games and I absolutely love it. I remember playing the 2nd edition from the 80s back when I was a kid, but I think this latest edition is beautifully done and even better than it ever was before. I am a big board game fanatic, and this has to be one of my favorites of all time! I have only owned this game for a week and I have already played it 8 times with around a dozen different people, and they all love it too; its a blast! I am now debating on whether or not to go online and order all the expansion sets. My GF says this game is like crack to me, and think she might be right.

If any of you have experienced the joy of talisman before I'd love to hear what you think of it. What do you think the strongsuits or downsides of the game are? If anyone has played any of the expansion sets (Dungeon, Highland, the reaper, sacred pool, or dragonlords) please let me know how they are!