• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Alloy of Law

karriezai

Scribe
I finished The Alloy of Law yesterday and I'm wondering if anyone else here has read it yet. I was already a huge Sanderson fan (I started with Mistborn and I've loved everything he's written), and I was very happy with this new addition to the world of Mistborn.

I love his world building and magic systems. They're always so fascinating. It was crazy cool to see the world of Mistborn 300 years later.

myrddin173

Maester
Sanderson is indeed a great writer, you are aware that all of his adult books are connected right?

It was crazy cool to see the world of Mistborn 300 years later.

This was his plan all along (well sort of, Alloy started as a short story during one of his writing breaks that grew into a novel). Alloy is based on early 1900's New York, a second trilogy during modern times, and a third with FTL technology (Mistborn in Space).

karriezai

Scribe
Yeah, I do know that. I follow pretty much everything he does -- he's easily my favorite author. I knew it was coming, but if anything that only increases the sense of wonder I get, thinking about how much has gone into his worlds.

I think it's funny that what started as a tangent clearly has the makings of at least a duet, if not a small series... judging by the end of Alloy.