• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The best character you've created

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
It's always nice to get to know folks through their work, and since we have had so many new faces lately, it'd be nice to hear from them, too!

Who is your favorite character you created and why?

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
My favorite characters are not my best, but they were the most fun to write: Quinn of Clan Five, and John Golly.

Quinn is a sprite. John Golly, whose real name is Gian Galeazzo, is an ogre. They were both once tunnelers with rival mercenary bands--they specialized in tunneling beneath fortifications both natural and magical. Through an unusual circumstance, they wind up as friends.

They are my favorites because Quinn is a smart ass and John Golly is philosophical. It makes for fun dialogue.

Gribba

Troubadour
My favorite character is actually part of a short story I wrote and the character has no name.
I think I have not been able to let go of this character as it was one of the first short stories I wrote, that I just loved so much.
This one is just a figure, a being that has had enough of that delusional concept of happy ending and they lived happily ever after!!!

But I have others that come close to that first love of mine. ;)

My gosh I love all of them. And I have so many!
I really love the antagonist in my current work in progress. I haven't actually begun writing about him, but he is a deliciously complex character. He's a super polite, soft spoken, gentle guy who has a lot of responsibility placed on his shoulders at a young age--super brilliant, a prodigy of sorts. He really wants to do the right thing but eventually he can no longer tell the difference between right and wrong and becomes a dangerous evil. I'm excited for when he enters the story.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
@ Dragon Notice I didn't put any of mine up? HA! Because I can't pick just one. Oh man, that's a tough call. Each character has so many reasons I enjoyed writing them. I promise to pick just one that I can tell you guys all about, but I love that i'm not the only one who struggles to pick a favorite.

@ Dragon Notice I didn't put any of mine up? HA! Because I can't pick just one. Oh man, that's a tough call. Each character has so many reasons I enjoyed writing them. I promise to pick just one that I can tell you guys all about, but I love that i'm not the only one who struggles to pick a favorite.

I totally get that. I don't think i have a character i DON'T absolutely love, except the ones i've barely developed (yet). They're my babies and i love them :p

adalenia

Dreamer
Like those above, I love *all* of my characters, but... if I had to choose a current favorite, I guess it would be Princess Lily Venri of the Iles de Aliore. She's probably the most positive character I've created personality-wise (aside from the story's protagonist, Nathaniel Bastion), even after both of her parents died (separately), and a costly war with the humanoid Ark'Ari race wiped out at least half of her kingdom's subjects.

Last edited: