1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

The book(s) you could re-read forever.

Tolkienites

1. Merc

Merc Apprentice

Don't know about you guys, but I'm a constant re-reader. And I have to say, the three books that never let me down are: The Silmarillion, The Children of Hurin and of course, the ever favored, Hobbit. I read them for different reasons, but was talking to a good friend of mine, and she had a completely different set of Tolkien fav's. Thought I'd ask you peoples.
    -Merc

CupofJoe likes this.
  2. virtualmayham

virtualmayham Apprentice

I love to read The Hobbit, never could finish the Silmarillion. I could read the Two Towers over and over, same with any of the Harry Potters

3. Noma Galway

Noma Galway Shadow Lord

I read Two Towers (BOOK 3) over and over again but skip over Frodo and Sam's part...mainly because Frodo annoys me. Silmarillion always has detail I've missed, and the Hobbit is the book I bring on road trips.

4. Ruby

Ruby Dark Lord

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. I often reread them as they are so well written and inspiring.

5. Hir i-Chorvath

Hir i-Chorvath Acolyte

I have re-read LOTR several times for some reason I always get stuck in the 'Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit' chapter. I love Silmarillion, my favorite part is the Fingolfin vs. Morgoth fight it is just...just... amazing? I don't feel like there are words to describe how well-written and incredible that scene is.

6. skip.knox

skip.knox Staff Moderator

I've read The Hobbit and LotR several times. The Hobbit twice aloud, LoTR three times aloud. It's been quite a few years--since the movies, in fact. Reckon it may be time for another visit.

7. kaiser_vonhabsburg

kaiser_vonhabsburg New Member

The Hobbit is also a favorite of mine to re-read. I'm not too sure why, I always just end up picking it up again after I finish. I prefer the book over the atrocious movies, too.

8. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Moderator

I don't do a ton of re-reads. Have done with Tolkien, some Moorcock, Gormenghast, Moby Dick, The Brothers Karamazov, a couple Steven Erikson books, Greg Egan's Diaspora, Shirley Jackson. There are others, but those come to mind.