1. Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us.

The Endless Hunt: Season 2, An Explosive Island

Discussion in 'Machiavel: Ambition' started by Legendary Sidekick, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Reaver

Reaver Kwisatz Haderach Moderator

MANIMUS-

Okay. So like, there was all this like, smoke and like the groud was like, shaking and stuff. And then, there was like this big fiery ball flying down this hill at me and Reaver. I was like:"Look out, dude."

Reaver was all screaming like a little girl and stuff and like: "Ahhh! I'm all scared n' stuff! I like, totally crapped myself--again."

I was like: "Damn, dude. You really need to stop doing that. It's like, totally gross. Seriously."

Reaver was all like: "You're right, Manimus. But I'm like, not as totally awesomely cool as you. I'll like, try to be, though."

The giant fireball thing made,like, this big hole in the ground and stuff, and Reaver was all like: "Oh no! That giant fireball thing made a big hole in the ground and stuff!"

I was all like: "No doi, dude. I can like, see that. It like, left a giant shiny crystal."

Reaver looked at it and was all like: "Oh wow! You're like, totally right! I didn't even see that 'cause I had my eyes closed from bein' so scared."

I was like: "Whatever, dude. I'm goin' in there and gettin' it."

Reaver was all like: "You're so awesome, Manimus. I wish I was strong like you and could lift stuff like that."

I was all like: "Tell me somethin' I don't know, dude."

2. Legendary Sidekick

Legendary Sidekick The HAM'ster Moderator

Recap

Sage Aeron Greymoore (interacting with Violet)

Sage, explore cave or leave? Which direction?

Manimus (carrying a really heavy stone)

Reaver, what does your idiot friend do with the stone?

Baroness Sigrelyn (hunting down pirates)

• Up ahead are three pirates with their swords drawn. They do not notice Rose and Sigrelyn. Their attention is focused on a fourth pirate who is lying on the ground, bound and struggling.

Ravana, what is Sigrelyn's next move?

• melee attack
    • ranged attack
    • speak to the pirates

TIME: DUSK

The sun is setting... soon night will fall.

3. The Grey Sage

The Grey Sage Troubadour

Sage Aeron Greymoore

Aeron spun around and walked off deeper into the cave. He felt a breath of heat across his face...

4. Legendary Sidekick

Three Women

Sage Aeron Greymoore

Aeron sees three women ahead of him. Bound and gagged, the are squirming as close as they can to the cave wall. A man on the ground making a futile struggle to breathe.

There is some commotion--other men are talking at once, trying to be as quiet as they can.

Aeron's eyes adjust to the darkness enough that he can see the shiny scales of the large snake choking the life out of the man on the ground.

As for the breath he feels in front of him... Aeron Greymoore wastes no time reaching for his blades...

(Sage, the breath Aeron feels is that of a large snake drooping from a ledge just a few feet above. Killing the snake will draw the attention of three pirates...

* If you choose NOT to kill the snake, write your next move.

* If you choose to kill the snake, three pirates will rush in and see you as a threat. There will be no time for words. Kill the first two and you may choose to say something to Violet, who is armed with a sword and shield. I'll continue the scene with Violet's response/action as well as that of the third pirate.)

5. Reaver

REAVER-
    The gladiator Manimus hefted the large crystal onto his massive shoulder and we began our trek southeast to Hanna’s tavern.

6. Reaver

MANIMUS-

Like, that stone thing that I picked up wasn't even that heavy. It was, like, a really easy workout for me. I was like: "We need to like, take this to that one place."

Reaver was all like: "That's like, the best idea ever Manimus. Damn, you're way smarter than me. I was just gonna like, wait here and be all stupid and stuff. Probably like, get us both killed or something."

7. Legendary Sidekick

Hanna

Manimus and Reaver

A lean, toned blonde in a light blue dress stands behind the bar. Her jewelry is oddly crafted from both expensive, colorful gems and the tusks and fangs of predators. She returns a smile to the eager grin on Manimus' face as he presents his prize to her.

Hanna leaves her place behind the bar to greet her guest. "Oh, dear. This is even bigger than the one my brother was hoping for. Could you hang onto that a little longer?"

Hanna heads back to the bar, crouches out of sight momentarily, then returns wearing an apron. "Thank you." She takes the stone from Manimus. Without losing her ladylike composure, she delivers the stone to a large man in the back of the bar.

"Really, sis? You could have asked me to handle that for you."

"There is plenty I can handle myself. Please enjoy your meal, while I see to it that these gentlemen are rewarded."

Hanna leads Reaver and Manimus to a table with a view to the east. The moon is rising with a red hue.

"The moon is almost full," Hanna tells the men. "How about your stomachs?"

Some menus are placed in front of the men.

"Take some time to decide what you want to eat, but my brother is hoping for a faster answer regarding your reward for the Demon Stone:

You can choose to be paid in 6,000 gold,
    or you may have the original Lava Core Hammer."

Hanna looks at the two men, and their weapons.

"'Bobo?'" she calls to her brother. "Is there even a point to giving them a choice?"

8. Reaver

REAVER-

I replied to the lovely woman standing before me: "The Lava Core Hammer will do nicely, thank you. As you may have noticed, my friend here is only armed with a wooden pitchfork. I'm sure that he would be extremely happy and grateful to put such a fine weapon to good use here on this tropic paradise you call home. And I must confess that I'm famished. However, I must ask: Do you have a menu that's written in Common? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with your country's exotic language."

I looked over to Manimus, who was holding the menu upside down, and then back to the beautiful Hanna: "And might I trouble you further to request a menu with pictures?"

9. Reaver

MANIMUS-

So like, okay. We like, go into this like, little restaurant, place and like, this totally hot babe comes up to me and she's all like: "Oh wow! You're like the strongest, awesomely hot guy in the world. I totally want you right now 'cause you brought this giant crystal thingy to me. Here, like, sit down and let me rub your shoulders for you while my totally hot babe sisters feed you grapes and stuff."

I was all like: "Woah--hold on a minute, babe. It's like, totally cool that you want me to do you, but like, first I want that hammer thing that you got. Like, I'll give you this giant jewel thing for it."

Reaver was all like: 'Aww, Manimus...How come I can never get all the hot chicks like you?"

I was like: "That's just the way it is, dude. Maybe like, if you worked out with me, I could like, probably get you into shape in like, ten years or so, and like, maybe then you can get some hot babes. But like, only if I'm not around."

Reaver was all like: "You're totally right, Manimus. I'm like, all depressed now, so I'm like, gonna eat a bunch of food and keep gettin' fat."

I'm like: "Whatever dude. C'mon babes, take care of the Ultimus Manimus."

The babes were like, all over me. It was awesome.

10. Legendary Sidekick

Hanna

Reaver

"Oh... did I give you one of the menus written in pictographs? Even I can't understand these!

"Well, no matter. We have a slow roast that is almost ready. It's the most expensive dish on the menu, and the party that ordered it can't possibly eat the whole side of angus. I saved some cuts for my brother, the great grandmaster smith--"

"HANNA!" a voice thunders.

"Sorry, Bobo!" Hanna blushes. "He hates it when I refer to him by title.

"Anyway, he always treats those who purchase his weapons with a meal."

Hanna looks at Manimus, then back to Reaver. "It's good of you to arm your friend with the Lava Core Hammer. Of all the hunters who have had their eyes on this weapon, I think he will benefit the most."

11. Reaver

REAVER-

"You're too kind, miss. And you too, good sir! But I must insist that you allow me to purchase our drinks. May I ask what manner of gold currency you prefer? I have Gold Talents, Gold Argents, Gold Regents, Gold-Pressed Platinum, Gold Farthings and I even have Gold Coco-Roco-Innae-Wabba-Tooahs from the Desert Realms."

12. Reaver

MANIMUS-

So like, while Reaver was all like, kissing the hot babe and her big brother's butts, I was like, checkin' out this totally badass hammer that the hot babe gave me.

When she gave it to me she was all like: "Here you go, Manimus. Will you please, like, come back to my room so like, you, me and my sisters can like, do it?"

I was all like: "Hold on, babe. Like, let me, like, you know, get something to eat first and like, check out my badass hammer."

She was all like sad and stuff and was like: "Oh, pooh! You're lucky you're so totally hot and awesome, because like, I usually only do it with chicks. But I'm like so hot for you right now and like, I'm totally gonna get my sisters and like, wait for you in my room."

I was like: "Whatever, babe. Tell me something I don't know."

13. Legendary Sidekick

Bouldergut, the Barbarian

"Good sir, eh?" Hope they don't mind me inviting myself to their table, seeing how I paid for their meal and practically gave them that weapon. "I appreciate you not calling me 'Bobo.' Only my wife and sister call me that... and the Roku-Roku girls, of course.

"Outside of this island, I'm known as Bouldergut."

I'm not sure if Muscles is eyeing that hammer or the warpaint on my chest. I will not ask.

"I could have sold that hammer for tens of thousands, but I'm not interested in seeing my work placed on a mantle somewhere. I need these weapons to end up in the hands of the best hunters on the island.

"The hammer is yours," I tell the muscle man. Then to both I say, "It is my pleasure to see to it that you are well fed. And you honor my sister by paying for the drinks in Coco-Rocos. She will likely wear them, as it is the only form of currency you showed her that didn't have the image of a king, queen or god on it."

It's a wonder no one tries to snatch the gold from her wrists... maybe after her customers saw the way she lifted that stone so easily, she won't have much trouble tonight. But still... those guys were armed last night.

"I'm not gonna lie to you guys. I know there are plenty of bounties out there, but I was hoping you'd stick around a while.

"It's my sister that concerns me. She waits the tables at her own restaurant... apparently, the taverns on the mainland must have waitresses on the menu as well. Hanna's used to getting groped and grabbed on occasion. She usually responds with a punch, and lets the men limp away with a few missing teeth.

"We've had a couple of jokers here lately who were a little more aggressive. They didn't lay a finger on her, otherwise I wouldn't be asking for help. I'd kill them if it were legal, but they're all talk.

"If there's anything you guys can do to get rid of these knuckleheads, I'll see to it that each of you has his own private room."

14. The Grey Sage

The Grey Sage Troubadour

Sage Aeron Greymoore

He twisted, throwing one blade down the gut of the giant snake, hurling himself back at the same time. He flew past the entangled man and careened towards a trio of pirates, who had appeared after the dead snake had fallen. He slashed the first's neck as he passed, the second dismantled upon his return; having jumped off the opposing wall. Aeron placed his hand on the floor and pressed, then leapt over his remaining opponents to find Violet still around and staring at the event...

15. Legendary Sidekick

Violet, the Blue

Sage Aeron Greymoore

Violet calmly, but swiftly, moves toward the third pirate. She raises her shield.

The pirate attacks with a diagonal sweep, but Violet easily parries the attack with her sword.

The sound of a gong echoes through the pirate's skull... that's when he realizes that the shield is her weapon. He drops his, and stumbles backwards towards the Grey Sage.

Violet thrusts her sword into the torso of the man on the ground, putting him out of his misery and killing the snake that bound him.

16. Reaver

REAVER-

"
    Lord Bouldergut! Please excuse my rudeness! I am Reaver, knight errant of the Kingdom of Ashterah. It would both an honor and a pleasure to assist you and your dear sister in anyway possible. However, your offer of a free room is too generous. I must insist that you allow us to pay for any room and board we partake of during our time here. My honor and oath as a knight will not allow anything less."

MANIMUS-
    "Like, yeah. Whatever Reaver said, Mr. Bouldergut. Hey, like, I heard of you! You're like, that guy! You know...who like, did all that stuff? But, like, oh yeah...I'm Ultimus Manimus...The Gladiator? You like, heard of me, right? And like, I'll totally help you and your hot babe sister. But like, do you think I can like, get some armor? I'll like, take that instead of a room. And like, Reaver will pay for it and stuff, because like, I left all my stuff on that, umm...ship?"

17. Legendary Sidekick

Bouldergut

Reaver

"Ha! You guys are very difficult to pay, but if it makes you feel better, I think my sister thought those Coco-Rocos were your prettiest coins and she liked the name.

"I'm a bit too overprotective, perhaps, but my sister runs a fine establishment! I have a lot of respect for those who hunt beasts, as well as those who hunt men in order to serve justice. I don't need to see this place poisoned by those who think of women as prey.

"Especially if they go after my sister!"

Manimus

"As for that 'hot babe' comment... you do understand why I'm hiring you, right?

"Well, I suppose that's just the way you talk. You were very polite to her, and there will be no need to pay for the armor. That will be your payment for looking out for my sister.

"I think that will satisfy Reaver's desire to pay his own way and accomodate your financial situation at the same time.

"I will not make the armor myself, however, as weapons are my specialty. Ivy and Lily of the Roku-Roku know plenty about hide armor. Lily is on her shift at the dock, so I will speak to her now."

(REAVER and MANIMUS are bouncers at Hanna's Tavern.)

18. Reaver

A Farewell to Arms?

REAVER-

It was around midnight when a group of four loud and discourteous curs entered dear Hanna’s establishment, barking orders for food and drink as if they owned the place.

Manimus and I were sitting at a table in the far left corner, patiently waiting for them to give even the slightest offense to our employer.

The gladiator and I didn’t have to wait long. A fat, balding, pig of a man with a scraggly beard and a badly-healed broken nose was the first of the dregs to offend the lovely Hanna:
    “Oy! Wench! Bring me anudder pitcher ‘a mead!”

Manimus grabbed the massive Lava Core Hammer resting by his feet and stood, a look of utter disgust beset into his tanned, chiseled face.

I motioned for him to sit: “I’ll handle this filth. Keep an eye on the others, especially the one missing his front teeth—he’s concealing a blade of some sort beneath the table.”

“Like, you got it, dude. If like, any of those ugly dudes even move, I’m like, gonna smash ‘em to tiny little bits.”

“Well, let’s try to avoid any undue killing,” I replied. “I don’t want to sully this establishment’s stellar reputation.”

Manimus was about to retort, but I waved it off and walked over to where the five rogues sat. A gangly-looking fellow with crossed eyes gulped down the last of his mead, wiped his unshaven chin and fixed me with a cold stare: “What a’ yew want?”

It took everything I had not to burst out laughing. “Pardon my intrusion gentlemen,” I began in a friendly yet firm tone, “It would be greatly appreciated if you addressed the lady in a respectful manner.”

A chubby, dark-skinned fellow with orange hair snickered loudly, elbowing Broken-nose in the side: “Oy, Lungfish! Getta load ‘a thisun! ‘E talks like a bleedin’ sissy boy doan ‘e?”

Lungfish wolfed down two large hunks of beef before responding. He looked at me with derision and said: “Yeah, he do. Mebbe he think he bedder ‘n us. Mebbe I otta learn ‘m some manner. ”

I gripped the handle of the runic blade hanging from my left hip and replied: “Now, let’s not be hasty, gentlemen. Boorish insults I can abide, but I will not tolerate dreadful elocution.”

No-Teeth attempted to draw his hidden weapon and lunge for me, but he was depressingly slow and dim-witted. My razor-sharp blade sliced cleanly through the bone and sinew of his wrist, sending it flipping wildly through the air like a wounded game-fowl. The small rusty dagger that the severed hand gripped tightly hit the wooden floor with a loud clank.

No-Teeth yowled like a love-starved owlcat, clutching the gushing wound at the end of his forearm. The other curs looked at him in stunned silence.

Manimus strode up behind me and to my left, the colossal war-hammer clenched tightly in his powerful hands:
    “You losers should like, make like a tree and like, piss off, before we like, totally beat the ever-lovin’ crap outta you.”

Lungfish smiled a rotten-toothed smile and slowly withdrew a large hide pouch: “Lookit, we doan wun enny trubble, m’ lords. We jes’ pay dissere tab n’ be ons are way.”

He looked at Orange-Hair. “Git dat dum basserd outta ‘ere! Youse otta beea shame!”

Both Orange-Hair and Cross-Eyes grabbed their blubbering companion and practically ran out the door with him. Lungfish plunked the leather pouch down on the table and looked over at Hanna, giving her his wretched smile: “Please fergiv me, missus. ‘M a mizzerble basserd.”

Sweet Hanna’s only reply was a curt nod. More than the pig deserved in my opinion. The cur turned to beat a hasty retreat when I grabbed him roughly by his meaty shoulder and spun him around.

I leveled my most intense gaze into his jaundiced, blood-shot eyes:
    “You and your vile friend would be well advised to leave Roku-Roku immediately and never return. If I ever see you again, my large comrade and I will exterminate you and feed your rotten carcasses to the beasts. Do I make myself clear?”

I saw “the fear” etched on Lungfish’s ugly countenance. There was no need for an answer. I spun him back around and shoved him through the entrance.

After wiping No-Teeth’s putrescent blood from my runic sword, I returned it to its scabbard and disposed of the cur’s detached hand while Manimus cleaned up the remaining mess.

Once we’d finished, I walked up to Hanna and smiled: “I pray that my actions didn’t offend your delicate sensibilities, milady.”

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  19. Reaver

MANIMUS-

So like, me and Reaver and that hot babe, what's-her-name, were just hangin' out at her bar when these ten dudes walked in and started raising a ruckus.

Me and the hot chick were like, totally makin' out and stuff and when those crappy dudes walked in, she was all like: "Aww, I like, hate these guys. They're always like, startin' trouble. Can you guys like, kick 'em out and stuff?"

Reaver was all scared and junk and was all like: "Oh, Manimus! I'm all scared and junk! I'm about to soil my undies again. Can you like, please handle those ruffians? It would be like, ever so nice of you."

I was like: "Yeah, whatever dude. But seriously, you gotta quit bein' scared all the time. You're like, my sidekick and stuff. You're like gonna make me look bad, so like, I suggest you grow a pair."

Reaver was all like: "You're totally right, Manimus. You're always right."

I was like: "Tell me something I don't know, dude."

What's-her-name was all like: "Please kill those dudes, Manimus. I'll be like super-horny if you do."

I was like: "Whatever babe. I'll kill 'em just because I can."

So then, like, I smashed all ten of those ugly dudes with my new badass hammer. Their guts and brains and junk was like, al over the place. I was like: "Reaver! Clean all this mess up."

Reaver was all: "Yes sir! Thank you sir!"

And then me and the hot babe, uh...what's-her-name, like got it on.

20. Legendary Sidekick

Hanna

"Offended? No.

"He attempted to draw his weapon against you and you spared him."

Hanna smiles at the effort Manimus is putting in as he scrubs the blood from the floor.

"We have something for that. I'll have my brother get it, since he's the one who put you up to..."

A few other hunters approach carrying a large bucket filled with a milky yellow substance.

"We're on it, Miss Hanna," one says as he squats next to Manimus and assists with the cleaning.

"Ol' Bouldergut's just looking' out for his kid sister," another explains.

A third jumps in, "We know you can take care of yourself, but you got this fine place to look after. Let us look after you."

Hanna finds herself surrounded by a dozen hunters helping with the clean up. "How many bodyguards did Bobo hire tonight?"

"Beg pardon?" a hunter asks.

Another shrugs, "I didn't hear nothin' about guarding bodies."

"I came here on my own accord," says an elderly man with a katana. He turns to Reaver. "How about yourself, knight?"