• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

the goblin showed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleamailman

Closed Account
"...hi..." said the goblin, wondering if he'd even come to the right place is, his thoughts were more on the coffee machine at this point, but he just continued "...well there's not really much to say about me, married with kids I suppose, that's me then..." and then something crossed his mind, adding "...you see, the trouble in one's introduction is simply, if you don't meet the other person, there's absolutely no way to prove anything anyway since these are just words here, and the reader is blind, I mean anyone of us could be just anything then, who knows I could even be a human for that matter MYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no no just joking, thought it was funny though..."

output6.gif

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
Welcome Fleamailman,

You're probably in the right place. I guess you could check out all of the introductions of other folks to get the balance of the one way method of introduction in this thread you alluded to.

Glad you joined.

Terry

fleamailman

Closed Account
(and with that the goblin confessed that he had indeed seen many an intro now, but simply confided "...um, wish I could write like you humans do, where perhaps if you would care to show me how to do a more human like intro, then we could write it together and deceive everyone by it, in return perhaps I could turn you into livewriter now...", lying of course, wiithout malice though, simply the livewriters were but a few amongst the many amongst the millions out there across forumland, adding "...who else is here I wonder, show yourselves then that we may chat a while...")

Last edited:

Sparkie

Auror
Wow.

Hi and welcome fleamailman or goblin or whatever\whoever you are. You have an interesting worldview, that's for sure.

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...agreed, it might be an interesting outlook perhaps, adventurous even..." replied the goblin, continuing "...but my real hope is to slowly evolve the mindset of you humans, who turn out to be my fellow reader/authors it seems, from that of seeing these writer's forums as some sort of on-line writer's workshop tailored for that publishing elsewhere to actually seeing those forums as the biggest fastest growing writer's showrooms going, and that those who are upon it actually write amongst their readers...", in fact, the goblin only had to look at anything in art that he liked, such as van gogh in painting, coleridge in poetry, beatles in music, etc., to see that it was not those who blandly followed the others repeating the norm who are remembered here, it's those who perfected their individualities bucking the norm who are actually remembered)

Last edited:

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes, fleam ailman. Y'know, I have an uncle named Fleam. But I digress...welcome!

fleamailman

Closed Account
(the goblin thanked the humans for their posts thinking that their was hope for them yet then, adding "...so are we here to write, well let's write then, for each of your posts are like you to your readers now, where those fools might still be thinking yes these are my posts but those are my actual works but you and I know that whatever one's posts on forumland here, whether that be, prose, poems, excerpts, jokes, pictures or whateven then, the reader only see it as your posts as in your posted poem, your posted prose, your posted excerpt, etc., so look to your posts and make each post count...", and with that the soapbox snapped under the weight of the goblin's soliloquy, adding "...on second thoughts, can I just have fun instead, I'm not too good at being serious...")

Last edited:
(the goblin thanked the humans for their posts thinking that their was hope for them yet then, adding "...so are we here to write, well let's write then, for each of your posts are like you to your readers now, where those fools might still be thinking yes these are my posts but those are my actual works but you and I know that whatever one's posts on forumland here, whether that be, prose, poems, excerpts, jokes, pictures or whateven then, the reader only see it as your posts as in your posted poem, your posted prose, your posted excerpt, etc., so look to your posts and make each post count...", and with that the soapbox snapped under the weight of the goblin's soliloquy, adding "...on second thoughts, can I just have fun instead, I'm not too good at being serious...")

Very good persona, I like characters that I can understand and relate to. You know a character is good when you can get under thier skin and see the world thru their eyes.

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...ah but I am only as good as those readers who double up as my audience now,..." replied the goblin again, thinking of it as forum/venue thread/stage and persona/act, saying "...you see, on forumland one writes amongst one's readers, it's very much writing too, only that it's between us here, not like a blog talking down to one, nor a book like you are voiceless, no forumland is the new readership where the author and his works are one and the same...", and with that the goblin hoped that OrionDarkwood would chat with him awhile in the chit chat section, adding "...we can write together if you like, I'm not very good at it, but I'm friendly enough...")

Last edited:

Xanados

Maester
I'm still trying to figure this person out. You all seemed to be deceived by Flea mailman, but I am not. Perhaps if he/she wrote with less grammatical inaccuracies, I'd be able to get behind his rather...theatrical participation in this forum.

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...true but then that would just spoil it..." replied the goblin again, repeating "...you see, it's not because it's perfect that it's pulling, it's because it's pulling that it is perfect, but have I missed something I wonder, and besides too, how would you have a goblin write now..." in fact, the goblin never forgot the line if you write like everyone else does, then just like everyone else is all it will be, adding "...well I confess that once I used to write so perfectly too, ah but that was back the old days when I was so much older...")

Last edited:
Sashamerideth apologises for her tardy greeting, the Goblin has not met Sashamerideth before, but she knows the Goblin. Sashamerideth would like to see the Goblin improve as a writer; though the Goblin is often worth reading it should endeavour to improve and even contribute, rather than the novelty that the Goblin has been before.

Sent from my Blade using Forum Runner

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...known from elsewhere as in manywheres then..." replied the goblin thanking sashamerideth, but knowing too, that on forumland everywhere is ever somewhere which in turn is just anywhere or even nowhere , simply that forumland was just so vast that a livewriter always left a lifeline to the reader by way of a unique username, adding "...I start my thread in your chit chat section, where if you know of me as you say, you'll know too that this is a landing then, so wish me luck now, the reposts are just my signature here, and where my going slowly is merely something learned from experience...")

Last edited:
Sashamerideth wishes for the Goblin to be less flighty, and more contributory. The Goblin has been helpful to a friend of hers.

fleamailman

Closed Account
(and with that the goblin changed his tune, saying "...I am one and the same, someone who has helped many in his time, perhaps then I was interpreting bewilderment for hostility now, but since you have chosen to chat to me, I'll contribute where my requirements are always minimal...", by now the moon in the sky had grown a new smile again, one bigger than yesterday it seemed, where tomorrow too, the goblin would return as promised)

Last edited:
The Goblin has misinterpreted passing familiarity for bewilderment, perhaps not being human leads to a misunderstanding of human reaction. The Goblin should avoid reposting; sticking to original content is best.

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...alas, an edit thread would not be such if one didn't edit upon it, where that which one edits becomes a repost as such..." replied the goblin, adding "...however, in all the other threads upon this forum I'm winging the replies in brackets with all the spontaneity of something inedited entails, just writing as one of you would...", and yet, the goblin also knew that without an edit thread to anchor his posts together the reader would be without somewhere to read his posts then, simply, an edit thread under whatever name one gives it, became a shared journal that readers returned to each time because they were part of it)

Last edited:

fleamailman

Closed Account
Err... ok... I so don't get any of your postings.

("...well, that's because you're very wise, showing the wisdom of your age I imagine..." replied the goblin reaching for his coffee now, adding "...whereas I, in my foolishness it seems, tend to ask questions that in turn lead to yet more questions upon an ever heavier treadmill of understanding that never seems to end...", in fact, the goblin had often called his posting a journey to self then, asking Blue Lotus in return "...can one know oneself by what one posts, is not that which one posts a reflection of self here, need I say more...", the coffee tasted bitter now but the goblin felt awake by it)

Status
Not open for further replies.