• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The importance of a good vocabulary.

Reaver

Staff
I saw this on Facebook and I had to share it. This headline was actually given the go-ahead by the editor.

Good job, Howard.

CHAdzhLUYAAc-AS.jpg

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Sometimes I think the headline writers do things like this to just to see if anyone is paying attention. I know this is childish but I still chuckle when I see it. I'm sorry. :S The image doesn't help either.

CGKMxkrUQAEgu43.jpg

X Equestris

Maester
Sometimes I think the headline writers do things like this to just to see if anyone is paying attention. I know this is childish but I still chuckle when I see it. I'm sorry. :S The image doesn't help either.

CGKMxkrUQAEgu43.jpg

I think that one was completely intentional. I've seen a few headlines like that before, and I can recall plenty of times where a newscaster read an awful pun off of their teleprompter.

kennyc

Inkling
I see so many typos and grammatical errors in headlines (particularly on web publications) that I'm torn between rolling on the floor and complete and utter disgust at what we've come to.

and then I read things like Ron Hanson's - Nebraska and just marvel at the command of language some writers have!

Last edited: